• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wire suggestions

Loulang

Local time
2:01 AM
Reaction score
I’m looking for some spark plug wire suggestions for my 66 charger 383 Holley sniper Efi,coil,distributor and ignition box. I also have Doug’s ceramic coated 1 3/4 headers. Not sure if I’m sticking with the 916 cast iron heads, motor is in machine shop for some upgrades. Just waiting on the engine builder to do his numbers and come up with a plan. Appreciate the suggestions Thanks

The Sniper guys seem to prefer MSD Super-Conductors or Magnecore.
My buddy (SBF with Sniper) had some RFI issues at first and switching to the MSD wires solved it for him.

I’ve had good success with MSD and MOROSO cut to fit universal wire sets.

I’ve had good success with MSD and MOROSO cut to fit universal wire sets.

I had the worst luck with MSD. Kept falling off during the most important part of an engine build, cam break in. Mild steel clips that go onto the plug. They have no memory after snapping them on and eventually back off.

Firecore uses stainless steel clips. Their boots are great for headers. Not even discolored yet.

I had the worst luck with MSD. Kept falling off during the most important part of an engine build, cam break in. Mild steel clips that go onto the plug. They have no memory after snapping them on and eventually back off.

Firecore uses stainless steel clips. Their boots are great for headers. Not even discolored yet.
Got a pic?

Got a pic?

20230629_160649.jpg

20230629_160619.jpg

Nice unfortunately mine doesn’t have them clips wasn’t on the cat when I purchased it so I don’t know what clips and holders I would need so have to buy some plug wire holders

The wire loom and wire separators are actually MSD. You can buy them separate. I'm pretty sure I found them on Summit. They are real nice on how they are made.

Thanks I’m just trying to make sure the wire set won’t interfere with the EFI system can’t have any RFI interference
I'll try to keep this short. I bought a set of Accel ceramic for my race car. I thought they'd work well with my headers. I had to put the distributor ends on myself. The two longest wires intended for 5 & 7 were too short so I had to buy two additional wires at $28 each which by the way come with 5 foot tails. I got to the track and the car didn't seem to run as well as it should so I thought I'd meter all the new wires again. When I pulled them off, for the very first time, two of the ends came off and remained on the spark plug. Not the ends I made but the factory ends. The first time I talked to Holley customer service about the lengths, their reply was that they could not test their wires on every car and I'd have to buy two individual wires which I did. The second time they did give me a refund but I'm out the cost of the two individual wires. I ended up putting my trusty Firecore wires back on. Lesson learned.

I'll try to keep this short. I bought a set of Accel ceramic for my race car. I thought they'd work well with my headers. I had to put the distributor ends on myself. The two longest wires intended for 5 & 7 were too short so I had to buy two additional wires at $28 each which by the way come with 5 foot tails. I got to the track and the car didn't seem to run as well as it should so I thought I'd meter all the new wires again. When I pulled them off, for the very first time, two of the ends came off and remained on the spark plug. Not the ends I made but the factory ends. The first time I talked to Holley customer service about the lengths, their reply was that they could not test their wires on every car and I'd have to buy two individual wires which I did. The second time they did give me a refund but I'm out the cost of the two individual wires. I ended up putting my trusty Firecore wires back on. Lesson learned.
I called fire pre and left a message asking them if I have to measure because I haven’t chosen wire holders yet and my motor is in the machine shop getting some goodies so I won’t know the length I need till I get it back

Auto Transport Service
Back