• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Transmission Repair in WNC

Stumper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know of a person/shop that is good with a 727 repair/rebuild in or near western NC? I recall a thread in the past talking about someone near Boone, NC?

Don't know of anyone but a call to Hensley performance in Tennessee may get you some suggestions closer to you.

You may be thinking of Calhoun's Transmissions here in Ashe county. I can vouch for his work. Zionsville Transmissions in Watauga is just outside of Boone, he has a good reputation.

You may be thinking of Calhoun's Transmissions here in Ashe county. I can vouch for his work. Zionsville Transmissions in Watauga is just outside of Boone, he has a good reputation.
Do you know if these two have experience with the push button Torqueflites?

I feel sure that Calhoun's does. I can get a phone number for you if you would like to talk with him

I know someone outside of Charlotte, if that helps you. He's very familiar with mid-60's P/B trans. PM me for contact info...

If its just a basic street rebuild with the original converter it's pretty simple. There is very little difference between a late Torque-Flite and the earlier push button models as far as assembly. Rear pump gears and drive ball have to remain when using the stock valve body. Other than that and getting the park pawl spring installation correct, it's pretty straight forward. The rest of the rebuild is just like any other TF.
Doug

Whoever you find to rebuild it will be looking for a kit to order. Look up Cope Racing Transmissions out of Indiana they are one of the best with mopar 727 trannys. Check out their website.

Auto Transport Service
Back