• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 66 Charger owner

Red Charger

Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
20230605_145727.jpg
20230521_171338.jpg
20230507_151343.jpg
20230507_151417.jpg
20230507_151410.jpg
20230614_083006.jpg
20230620_111056.jpg

Purchased this 66 a couple of months ago. Was a project the PO lost interest in. The young guy in the open trunk picture. He and his dad (a mechanic) did a fair amount of work on it but their sequencing seemed a little helter skelter. My goal is to get it roadworthy then go from there. For now I added new tires and some older serviceable Cragars. Has a decent 383. Waiting for my neighbor to free up his shop from his 73 Challenger (in the background) so we can go through the mechanicals. Definitely needs brakes and some carb work to get it on the road.

This forum has been a great resource. My first time posting and putting up pictures. A little tech challenged. Hope to be driving it soon. Red

20230614_082946.jpg

Welcome from NY.
Looks like a good project.
If you're working on the brakes I suggest converting the single pot master cylinder to a dual.
(1967 up)

Looks like a solid project. I'm happy to see it never received the dreaded black engine compartment resto treatment.

My neighbor already gave me religion about the dual set up. Ordered it off ebay.

Definitely will keep the engine bay the body color.

Very nice starting point. Interested to watch your build.

Oooh, power brakes.

Nice! Welcome aboard from NJ. Best of luck with it. I had a 66 Charger way back when!
:thumbsup:

Looks like we got similar cars at a similar time! Just joined myself after picking up a '66 from South Carolina in February. Love that yours has 383 power. I am thoroughly refreshing my 318 so I can cruise the car while I'm building up my big block/4 speed combo. Hoping to have that in by the end of next year. Godspeed, and while I am not a veteran I have a few months of fresh experience wrenching all over this car. Happy to help if I can.

Thanks for checking in. Mine was originally a 361 car. The 383 was transplanted about 6 months ago according to the PO. Motor runs and sounds good. Like you, I want a driver while I'm fixing it up. Mechanicals seem good, lots of body/paint work to do. Do you have some more pictures? Red

Honestly I am realizing I haven't taken a ton of pictures of this car yet! All the decent ones I have, I posted on my Newbie post in the Welcome Wagon forum. Been too busy working on it haha. I will make an effort to get some pics soon and I'll make a post about the car. If you use social media at all, there's some videos on my channels under "Low-Tech Garage" on both YouTube and Tik Tok. Logo has a red gear on it.

Auto Transport Service
Back