• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 71 Plymouth Roadrunner owner

This car was indeed for sale in the Goodyear, AZ area back in September. It had steel wheels on it then. The Rallye wheels were included with the sale. I guess the dealer removed the steel wheels and kept them?

I considered going to look at it but decided not to.

View attachment 1195564 View attachment 1195565 View attachment 1195566 View attachment 1195567
You wouldn’t still happen to have the original contact info off the CL listing? I am trying to contact the previous owners. I have his name and address but no phone numbers or email addresses.

You wouldn’t still happen to have the original contact info off the CL listing? I am trying to contact the previous owners. I have his name and address but no phone numbers or email addresses.
No, I don’t have any contact info. I only saved the photos that were posted in the ad listing.

Talked with Vintage air for a system. They sent me to Mr. Rex at Affordable Street Rods. Man I’m I glad they did. He stocks a lot of the Vintage air stuff. Vintage air was 18 weeks out. He had everything I needed. Super great guy. I am using a system meant for a 1971 Challenger/Cuda. Will have to modify a few things. But it’s better than starting with nothing.

Nice looking car, have you installed the vintage air system yet. I'm Thinking of using the same kit. Did everything fit? What needed to be mosified to make it work?

Nice looking car, have you installed the vintage air system yet. I'm Thinking of using the same kit. Did everything fit? What needed to be mosified to make it work?
Still on back order. I have everything except the evap case. I will be posting pics and stuff I had to do once all the parts are in.

Boy I have been enjoying the good weather in ole Louisiana this weekend. Drove her to the office.

8347C101-E1B5-48B4-802B-087A128B8D2B.jpeg F4902E2A-A1AE-4C8C-96F8-A0CFD9FA9B06.jpeg

Hi there. Haven’t been on the forum for a while but just noticed your sweet RR. I’ve got a white ‘71 too. We’re albino twins, that’s rare. Love it.
77ADF316-596B-4064-96A3-5CA7FC2D5591.jpeg

Hi there. Haven’t been on the forum for a while but just noticed your sweet RR. I’ve got a white ‘71 too. We’re albino twins, that’s rare. Love it.View attachment 1241068
Post up some more pics of it. I love the white on these roadrunners. They don’t get the looks like a green or orange car. But I’m fine with it.

Well boys and girls. Got a little carried away. My boy got this new toy. A Dragy to measure 60 foot times and such. We went and sent it for the first time. 2.3 60 foot time. And a coasting 11.4 to the 1/8. The lesson. We need a tach.

D7DD21B3-3A5B-4998-8B5E-7B16CE450518.jpeg 40B23B6A-DAA0-4FE3-84F9-886D8FA8EA9C.jpeg 3452D72C-05CC-48C8-B6D7-0244A9C64360.jpeg

Ouch - pull the valve cover and check over the valvetrain.
What's the plan? Just fix it or improve it?

Ouch - pull the valve cover and check over the valvetrain.
What's the plan? Just fix it or improve it?
Got the covers off and the rockers. Going to pull the heads tonight. If the pistons aren’t killed from hitting the valves we are going to change the bent valves(just assuming there is some) lap them in good and check they are sealing and send it. I’m not dumping money in these 3462346 casting number heads.
New comp cams cam kit(includes cam,lifters,timing set,and springs),gasket set,push rods and a oil pump. If parts are quick to get here maybe by next weekend we will be in the wind again.
I have a 1971 400 block we are building a 512 stroker motor that will replace this engine when we get it done.

Ooo. My condolences. Hope you're back in the saddle soon. Good luck.

Is the 383 the original motor? Like you're planning, I'd like to build a separate motor and keep the stock heart the same. I got the RR with a freshly rebuilt numbers matching 383 and I should keep it that way. It had factory air but was removed and not put back on so I'm also looking into the more efficient aftermarket options. I've got a few more pics coming.

And 71Beeper, nice looking rig. I just love these '71s.

Is the 383 the original motor? Like you're planning, I'd like to build a separate motor and keep the stock heart the same. I got the RR with a freshly rebuilt numbers matching 383 and I should keep it that way. It had factory air but was removed and not put back on so I'm also looking into the more efficient aftermarket options. I've got a few more pics coming.

I have a vintage air kit on the way. I bought it for a cuda. Going to make it work. I will have a factory air unit with the evaporator and heater core,factory ac switch,condensor,and RV2 compressor with brackets that will need a new home.

No it’s not numbers matching. It’s a 69 casting number. Steel crank. But I’m just going to fix it the quickest most cheap but correct way we can to drive and baby it until the the 400 gets built. Tonight should have a better idea on it. If not to the mopar junk yard we go looking for a 383.

Have everything but the hoses.

42CE53D6-A948-4F81-A6B2-C940BAF98480.jpeg

Waiting to deal with paint issues before putting on the strobe stripe. Otherwise, it’s about 90% there. I drive it whenever I can.

9EA3CC37-D213-427C-BAB6-60848A1FE930.jpeg CD3AF2BD-2EDB-4601-A01B-09419988A25C.jpeg 9D0D742F-321C-4E71-B3FB-6CAD3CFAF651.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back