• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 71 Plymouth Roadrunner owner

Ended up using a combination of the stock ducting and the vintage air adapters for the ducts.

4620894F-FE5C-42FC-AAAC-9F0BA333DA4E.jpeg

643D810C-2512-4D66-981F-D4A04A9D7415.jpeg

877CB01D-3915-4760-87C3-3BA2B382C656.jpeg

F6AD87CD-DC7E-4813-B052-159299128D19.jpeg

tried to find the old thread on moparts but was not sucessfull.

Good luck on the inspection:

Looking at the pics:
-missing wheel lip moldings
-check passenger side quarter, from inside the trunk you can see someone worked on it. Maybe it was just a dent
-spoilers and exhaust tips are added. It has still the standart rearvalance
-front valance is twisted

Carsten
Do all 71s have the wheel lip moldings?

Do all 71s have the wheel lip moldings?
Not sure. I know my car has holes in the fender lips where some would go. So I guess it had them at a time. Fender tag doesn’t call them out. And not sure if it even does on any.

Not sure. I know my car has holes in the fender lips where some would go. So I guess it had them at a time. Fender tag doesn’t call them out. And not sure if it even does on any.

I'm not sure neither. My car had holes in the lip when my dad bought ours 38-40 years ago. The car has them now

They need a little messaging but work

20200209_114800.jpg

My boys are at home working on getting me back on the road. Youngest is home on summer break. Oldest is working in the heat on his days off of his shift work schedule. Got two good young men. Their mom did a good job.

F744FD01-D2EE-49C6-942E-3A2BB911D958.jpeg

My boys are at home working on getting me back on the road. Youngest is home on summer break. Oldest is working in the heat on his days off of his shift work schedule. Got two good young men. Their mom did a good job.

View attachment 1302329
Love it Whayden. Kuddos to your wife and kids to help ya out!

We have a fully functional Vintage air system. The blower motor does not disappoint, to the point we have to do something with the loose ac register doors. They just flip shut on high. Heat works as well as the heater valve in the heater hose. But the ac. Man does it really cool. Way better than my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer. Never realized a car could get this dirty in a shop. Going to take three days to clean this thing.

Nice looking car, have you installed the vintage air system yet. I'm Thinking of using the same kit. Did everything fit? What needed to be mosified to make it work?
Finished the install. Under hood. No modifications. Only thing we was on our on was was with the ducting to the vents. And where to mount the control panel. I removed the big factory radio and mounted it there.

Finished the install. Under hood. No modifications. Only thing we was on our on was was with the ducting to the vents. And where to mount the control panel. I removed the big factory radio and mounted it there.
Can you post a picture of the control panel?

Vintage Air line developed a leak on the factory crimped side. Boy I thought this one going to be a crap show. But. Called Vintage air left a message to return my call. They called back and got all the stuff to fix it shipped out that day and we are back in the wind blowing cold again.

BDE0141B-CEB2-4AE7-AA9F-0E0435B4AFC4.jpeg

95D8C72F-8BB0-41C0-81B0-7F1CBFC37AB1.jpeg

I was lucky enough to find someone locally that can crimp my lines for a fee. The crimping tools needed are expensive to just purchase on your own. Didn't seem feasible to purchase tools compared to how often I would use the crimp tools unless I was doing them on a regular basis

I was lucky enough to find someone locally that can crimp my lines for a fee. The crimping tools needed are expensive to just purchase on your own. Didn't seem feasible to purchase tools compared to how often I would use the crimp tools unless I was doing them on a regular basis
Benefits of having a father in law who is a AISC certified mechanic and owns his shop.
My crimped sides have been good so far.

Auto Transport Service
Back