• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Aluminum single pot master cylinder

retractable

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:19 AM
Reaction score
I just received a new master cylinder for my 64 Belvedere 2 door. I ordered it form NAPA and it is aluminum not cast.
This should last for years.

20240102_144554.jpg

20240102_144535.jpg

.. if it works at all. I got one for 30 bucks, cast iron and then decided to just rebuild my OE.
1966plysathp2ptd 125.jpg
1966plysathp2ptd 138.jpg

1966plysathp2pte 014.jpg

1966plysathp2ptg 102.jpg

1966plysathp2pth 032.jpg

1966plysathp2pth 073.jpg

Yeah, but I think you bought up the last rebuild kit in the free world. :eek:

Nope.. I bought the last TWO ! :poke:

But as noted, the replacement I bought was cast.. that I didn't use!
View attachment 1584062
View attachment 1584063
View attachment 1584066
View attachment 1584067
So were are the rebuilders getting their kits? I recently put one on my 65, ALL lines were bad, cut, bent and flared each one, all rubber hoses were bad, all wheel cylinders replaced. That’s what happens after sitting 25 years. I have 7 old cylinders and all are water pitted inside so unless there is a sleeve for them not sure they’ll even be usable again. I got so much grief about the single cylinder I’ll say this, they worked fine on 20 million cars before the duel came out. Make sure the EMERGENCY brake works good just in case!

So were are the rebuilders getting their kits? I recently put one on my 65, ALL lines were bad, cut, bent and flared each one, all rubber hoses were bad, all wheel cylinders replaced. That’s what happens after sitting 25 years. I have 7 old cylinders and all are water pitted inside so unless there is a sleeve for them not sure they’ll even be usable again. I got so much grief about the single cylinder I’ll say this, they worked fine on 20 million cars before the duel came out. Make sure the EMERGENCY brake works good just in case!
Yep, I get the same rib poking and I'm not too worried or stupid to not have inspected all lines, etc. It's also a 4 gear that I can smother that Hemi pretty quickly with and YES the Parking (to appease KD) brake works just fine!

Auto Transport Service
Back