• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Canuck Member

No joke, knock knock !!!!!

This isn`t funny! 742 miles & i noticed a faint but disturbing knock knock knock @ any lower then 1500 RPM. Engine has never gone over 5,000 & still runs 90 cold & 70 hot, oil pressure.
Going to see the engine guy tomorrow. I would hate to have to pull this out.
Any good engine guys or gals reading this?? Any ideas?? ( I know it`s impossible to diagnose without hearing this first hand but just looking for ideas.)

more 023.jpg

more 011.jpg

even more 006.jpg

440 6  ENGINE.jpg

Change my oil ?

I was told that the hydraulic lifters are the culprits, because of the serious strength of the valve springs & they need Royal Purple or Amzoil synthetic oil. That will fix it ??

If you're running some double springs, it really should be run in with just a single. But yeah, you need an oil with 1200ppm ZDDP

NO Knock Knock!!

Well i changed my oil today, ( getting ready to put some miles on her, only got 756 on last year ). I did what my engine guy,Tim @ forhemisonly.com recommended & switched to Synthetic Amzoil 20-50 w/zinc & guess what NO KNOCK KNOCK!!!
As a matter of fact the engine is even more responsive and seems like the cam has a chunkier sound?
I can`t wait for this rain to quit!!!

:worthless_thread:

Attachments

• more resto 011.jpg
    more resto 011.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 197
  • more resto 014.jpg
    more resto 014.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 200
Very nice my friend....you do VERY nice work...I'm glad to hear that you've nailed the "knock knock"....good for you for trying the "not so obvious" option(s)....gotta love it when that happens!! :icon_super:

Auto Transport Service
Back