• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Challenger clutch restrictor

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:50 PM
Reaction score
One complaint I had with my 2010 & 2015 Challengers is with the hydraulic clutch. For some reason, it never seemed to engage quite right, like the feel that a mechanical clutch linkage gives. Now, I know the reason why; there is a restrictor in the line that slows down the action of the clutch.

Check this out.....

I removed that restrictor on mine & it gives a better feel to the clutch pedal. This is a 10 minute "fix" that you can easily do on your back, but with all things car related, a lift makes the job so much easier.

This guy explains it all pretty well....

Last edited:
Thanks. My 09 has a goofy clutch, almost a chatter. Drive by wire throttle has a mind of it own too.

Ive been thinking of removing mine, the clutch has never felt right, getting a new set of tires and four wheel alignment today at the dealer, maybe i'll crawl under there after that. wasn't sure if that will affected any warranty claims or not, guess its just as easy to reinstall if necessary.

Auto Transport Service
Back