• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Charger - for real this time!

Devil's advocate-

There was a time when no one would use an electric weed eater or impact wrench...unless it had a cord.

Cordless drills weren't real good either until the Makita (IIRC) 9v came out.

Your vehicles are only 10+ years old? 3 of my drivers are 25+!
2013 for the grocery-getter, and 2010 for the truck Cranky. And they get less than 50 miles a week put on either of them. Just have no need to drive everywhere as I used to...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Since buying a new battery drill motor about a year or so ago, I haven't touched my corded drill motor except to move it out of the drawer and put it up somewhere else lol. Also have a weedeater, shop leaf blower (can't keep the freaking leaves out of here), small grass trimmer and a medium size hedge trimmer all using the same batteries.

Very common these days no doubt.

Well, good luck...at the current pace they ought to have one ready in about 10 years....
My wife's '21 Ford suv has a stuck rear window, and my folks '20 Silverado crapped the transmission about a month ago. Both vehicles under warranty and neither dealership can get replacement parts...we've been waiting...no ETA either. "Supply chain issues", now labor trouble....I'll be amazed if (***political content***)

The TPMS in my '15 renegade that has been in "service TPMS" mode for the past 2 months.....started working today.

Rant elsewhere.

Well, good luck...at the current pace they ought to have one ready in about 10 years....
My wife's '21 Ford suv has a stuck rear window, and my folks '20 Silverado crapped the transmission about a month ago. Both vehicles under warranty and neither dealership can get replacement parts...we've been waiting...no ETA either. "Supply chain issues", now labor trouble....I'll be amazed if (***political content***)
Doesn’t that wacky place have some kind of a lemon law. Years ago, I had a 96 Ford p/u that the v-6 motor in it leaked oil. The dealership made me a screaming deal on a new v-8. It was coming up on the vehicle out of service for the 30 day limit.

Doesn’t that wacky place have some kind of a lemon law. Years ago, I had a 96 Ford p/u that the v-6 motor in it leaked oil. The dealership made me a screaming deal on a new v-8. It was coming up on the vehicle out of service for the 30 day limit.
Yeah, we do...but there are restrictions and I don't believe our cars meet the requirements. I haven't run it by consiglieri yet though..

D) EV - warning sign due to safety battery fires GM Bolt-Volt EV & EUVs no parking.jpeg

I did a search just before posting it here, even on Dodge's official site
AllPar, Car & Driver, MotorTrend & a few others too
tried to find any gasoline-powered ICE 2dr 2024 Charger on the -www-
or articles about any, zilch nada bupkiss zero to be found
all of them avert./come up with an LEV platform
none powered by a ICE
They advert. a 340 model & a 440 model
(340 {$35k) & 440 {$50k} are HP/EV Motor ratings)
& another SRT model forget what they called it, still EV ****
none of which advertise an ICE option either
(Internal Combustion Engine = ICE, for those too dense/indoctrinated
to figure it out)
IIRC there was a Challenger with the twin turbo'd 'hurricane straight six',
only the Challenger (not the Charger) no more ICE 'Hemi's'
(didn't see any v6's or the new turbo'd straight 6) in any of the Chargers
only Challengers (Hornets or Durangos albeit a SUV possibly too)
looks like no more ICE in the Chargers offered "at al", 2 dr or 4 dr
said likely will still be a 4 dr option
Even the Police version is an LEV platform...

Last edited:
I would rather drive a Neon than this POS. I drive 600 every few weeks and the hell with finding a charger for a charger and waiting and waiting.

I read somewhere that they designed the new electric charger with intents that it could easily be put into production as an IC platform with minor changes to the floor stampings. I think they are hedging their bets on the all electric version not getting them to their sales goals and know that they need to put a gas powered engine in there. The question is....will it be a V6 or and I6....or will they retain the Hemi?

"340" and "440" are trim levels now?

Interesting.

They need to come up with new names, and not cut & paste the glorious Mopar past onto the sh*t they offer today.

Auto Transport Service
Back