• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New computer issues HELP please!

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
Hey All:

My old computer took a dump right before a long flight. Got a new one and it has Windows 10 on it. Don't know yet if I like it or not. There's way too many new things on it from my last one.

Anyway, I'm a member of a couple of other Mopar related car forums. When I go to one, and look at a specific title, then to the posting, the computer keeps logging me off and requires me to re-log in and I still don't get to look at the posting. Is this because of "cookies"? How can I adjust this to keep me logged in and to observe the site?

Also, the new computer didn't have a CD drive, so I bought an external one. I downloaded the software, which I thought would make the two talk to each other. Anyway, it don't. The software with the CD drive is a lable maker for CD's. If I want a disc (movie) to play, I need to download an app. It's a pain and kind of like downloading an app for a phone.

Can anyone help! This is frustrating.

Thanks!!!

i dont like win 10 and hey save your old pc the harddrive can still be accessed and info/pics saved off it.
you slave it into a working pc and then open the drive and youll be able to retrieve/move to new hd.
hope this helps in some small way.

i wish i knew why this site insists on making my Edits into a whole new post.
it is Extremely Annoying.

i dont like win 10 and hey save your old pc the harddrive can still be accessed and info/pics saved off it.
you slave it into a working pc and then open the drive and youll be able to retrieve/move to new hd.
hope this helps in some small way.

Thanks BeatersRus. I didn't get rid of the old one and thought I could transfer but time constraints prevented me from doing so. I have a lot on my old computer for ease of posting car stuff but also have many on an external drive as well.

I've heard good and bad about Win 10. Again, WAAAAAYYYY too many things to get used to. My friends hubby is an IT guy. He gave me basic recommendations on a new one but told me about Win 10. Yes, trying to get a hold of him to resolve some things. It's frustrating when I'm not there!

Hard to believe computers are now coming with out CD drives. everything is on online now it seems.

You probably have already looked it up but if not, Google will be your best friend. Seems to be a problem with logging out.

I am still running Windows 3.1 on mine. Just kidding, I am on 7 myself but my fiance's computer automatically went to 10 and it doesn't look to bad. Much better than 8 in my opinion.

Good luck!

Hard to believe computers are now coming with out CD drives. everything is on online now it seems.

You probably have already looked it up but if not, Google will be your best friend. Seems to be a problem with logging out.

I am still running Windows 3.1 on mine. Just kidding, I am on 7 myself but my fiance's computer automatically went to 10 and it doesn't look to bad. Much better than 8 in my opinion.

Good luck!
I still have a machine that runs on 3.1 and the complete software pack on 5.25 flops. Was told at the time we would never fill that 20 mg harddrive.
And to believe then 16kb was a fast operating system.

Bought a lap top with Windows 7 last year and have installed Windows 10. Could not believe there are no CD drivers on Windows 10.

Everything is being loaded to jump drives, no need for the cds anymore... Going the way of 8 tracks and iPods...

It's frustrating as H***! I still can't stay logged into a car forum. It still tells me to log in everytime. Even when I allowed "cookies". Same thing with the CD drive. WTH I need to download an app to play? Wish it was as easy as my old one and Windows 7

You need to go into settings and see if it is set to delete cookies and cache files when it internet IP closes. If it is set that way it will not retain passwords when the internet connection is closed.

Hey All:

My old computer took a dump right before a long flight. Got a new one and it has Windows 10 on it. Don't know yet if I like it or not. There's way too many new things on it from my last one.

Anyway, I'm a member of a couple of other Mopar related car forums. When I go to one, and look at a specific title, then to the posting, the computer keeps logging me off and requires me to re-log in and I still don't get to look at the posting. Is this because of "cookies"? How can I adjust this to keep me logged in and to observe the site?

Also, the new computer didn't have a CD drive, so I bought an external one. I downloaded the software, which I thought would make the two talk to each other. Anyway, it don't. The software with the CD drive is a lable maker for CD's. If I want a disc (movie) to play, I need to download an app. It's a pain and kind of like downloading an app for a phone.

Can anyone help! This is frustrating.

Thanks!!!
May need to load Java and Adobe Flash Player on it. While on Adobe's site, can download Shockwave too, along with Adobe Reader.

Need advice too: Since Windows 10 forced itself on me, it closes ALL windows every time. Back button no help. Also, can't reduce window to listen to internet radio in the background.

Need advice too: Since Windows 10 forced itself on me, it closes ALL windows every time. Back button no help. Also, can't reduce window to listen to internet radio in the background.

F win10...

D, can you do a "system restore" to your last-known-good-settings / previous operating system?

F win10...

EXACTLY. TOO many things on this system.

Was on the phone with my friends hubby for a while, we did a remote hookup (I'm not in the US right now). Anyway, ended up installing Chrome and Mozilla Fox for safe measure, what I was used to before. It's running good for now, which I'm glad.

Got the external CD player to work as well. Guess Windows wants you to get this app and or pay for apps, NOT. Example I have flash drives. Some files I can open, some can't. The ones I can't, a window pops up to "try" then later, pay for Windows office. Think I might try and see if Adobe will open these files or not.

New issue...lol. I have Skype to call home. I plugged in headphones and phones didn't work. Computer used the speakers built in. Old computer as soon as I plugged phones in, they worked. Anyway, don't know what I did but I'm getting a heck of a "echo" or feedback from noises around me. Therefore, I turned the volume all the way down for now. Anyone know? Gonna try and get a hold of my friends hubby this weekend, hopefully. He knows this stuff that's what he is trained for.

i know a lot about computers but obviously, not everything :)

You need to go into settings and see if it is set to delete cookies and cache files when it internet IP closes. If it is set that way it will not retain passwords when the internet connection is closed.
Tried that before I contacted my friend, no dice. I installed Chrome and all car forums works

I think I got the echo sound taken care of

Auto Transport Service
Back