• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sniper EFI software issue

threewood

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:46 AM
Reaction score
So I want to take a look at my most recent configuration file for my car. Loaded it onto the SD card, put it in my computer. Computer recognizes the drive as Holley. I can't open any configuration file! My Holley desk top download can't find it. And if I try and open it, it won't find the Holley software and asks what app I want to use.

Any tips? Holley software is a step up from ms dos.

Last edited:
Sounds like your computer is not updated or the card is corrupt.

I found it. The user interface for their software is crap.

The reason I was checking the tune was because occassionally the car would hang at a higher rpm but would go back to normal idle with a blip of the throttle.

I checked the throttle cable, no binding or hanging up. I pulled the distributor and rebuilt, re greased the mechanical advance. No issue.

I was able to hang it a few times in the shop and the culprit ended up being the secondary arm sticking a bit open. I hosed down the link and the blades with Seafoam and it seems all is right again.
20231213_185318.jpg

The reason I was checking the tune was because occassionally the car would hang at a higher rpm but would go back to normal idle with a blip of the throttle.

I checked the throttle cable, no binding or hanging up. I pulled the distributor and rebuilt, re greased the mechanical advance. No issue.

I was able to hang it a few times in the shop and the culprit ended up being the secondary arm sticking a bit open. I hosed down the link and the blades with Seafoam and it seems all is right again.
View attachment 1573090
About 90% of software problems are actually hardware.

About 90% of software problems are actually hardware.
Yep. When it would hang, the tps was at 0% and the ias was at 0%. That secondary throttle link is slotted so it being open didn't hold open the primary throttle.

Auto Transport Service
Back