• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new Dodge Tradesman 200 Funcraft campervan (400 cid) running rough

You should check to see if its working first .It is on the right side of the motor just see if it rotates back and forth if it dosent move then it is frozen .

my first vehicles that I learned to drive was a 1969 dodge van...3 on the tree.

Hi cordoba-rick. Your van sounds great! Do you have any pictures? Yah, my father had a 3-in-the-tree as a work van, one of a whole fleet of Dodges. I wasn't allowed to drive it. Then again, I was 7.
No, they're not so common anymore, at least not in reasonable shape. According to sleepar, however, Florida has lots still kicking around. Maybe do like all the Quebec tourists and hang out there. But I'd be looking for parts, not cheap restaurants.

- - - Updated - - -

I would think sitting sixteen years is the cause.

Yes, daredevil, for sure time had taken its toll on it. Sixteen years! However, the engine battery wasn't in bad shape, just not good shape. Now new. Now it fires up like a damn! And runs on all 8. It's a great sound, listening the the gurgling rumble of this machine.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes mopwrd340, I can do that. Not sure how to deal with it if it doesn't move, but that's another bridge. My father says I should beat on it with a hammer, back and forth. I thought penetrating oil to let it loosen up. I know the oil will burn off, but it'd be unstuck.
Makes me nervous thinking that I could cook a working, running 400 wedge due to overlooking something. NOT a happy experience. As cordoba-rick says, they aren't so common as they used to be. I wanna be careful.

Auto Transport Service
Back