• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy has Super Bee buying question.

Well you have definitely come to the right place. There are some bonafide, certified, genuine experts on this site.

I have no love for any car dealers; new, used, classic, consignment, etc the business model is dishonest and deceptive by design.

Having said that I met a newcomer at the local MOPAR show last month. He had a 69 Road Runner just purchased from Gateway a few weeks earlier. He never told me the sales price, but he had lots of good things to say about Gateway. I guess the Vintage Air installation had an issue, and Gateway paid for a portion of the repairs as 'goodwill'. He was even taking the car back to Gateway to have a Borgenson steering box installed by their mechanics as he said they stand behind their work.

If this car is 44 grand I feel that is a reasonable price.

I too noticed most of the cosmetic details that others have stated. The car looks generally nice but a bit too much copper for me. It’s copper everything. No break from it except the tail stripe. I would say this too if a dealer was letting a six pack car go for 45k that alone would make me wonder. They get their mark up and how much is left for the seller? Makes me wonder about the true quality of the resto and the car underneath. I’m sure you can get a nicer car from a private party for that kind of money. Good luck on your continued search.

thanks again for all the replies and dealing with some ignorance...how we learn. I’m moving on to other B-body searches. I will keep informed and if you know of anything in the Omaha-Kansas city areas I’m all ears/eyes. If you know of anyone to talk to in these areas...educated...I’m all ears. Thanks again for the feedback and the laughs.

welcome & good luck on your quest

I’d suggest trying to buy direct from an owner, over a dealer or auction. That is what I did. You’ll usually spend more money for the equivalent car at a dealer and have to pay sales tax. Auctions you have to be the highest bidder. If the car is a good one, there will be more than a few others who will want it too. Plus you have auction buyer fees and sales tax both to pay on top of your winning bid.

Welcome to FBBO @Motown1 :thumbsup:

Doesn't look like anyone else was brave enough to say it ...but there have been many disappointed buyers of cars that were bought from Gateway Cars. I'm just saying - be very careful about what you are buying. We see too many sad stories of mis-represented and poor quality finished cars here from rogue dealers.

Remember....a car salesman is only after a sale....nothing more.

Never buy a car without a qualified expert to do a pre- purchase inspection, especially someone qualified in body & paint. I once saved someone from buying a Nomad that was clipped.

Auto Transport Service
Back