• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Here - Buick guy that stumbled upon a 6 pack Charger

That is a very pristine looking Broadcast Sheet!!!

It is the copy of the original, but yes the original is in great shape.

Welcome. You can probably flip it to a member here for a "finder's " fee.

It's nice to be reassured that the value is there, but I don't buy to flip. I am going to own this car and enjoy it, until the next big chase presents itself lol.

It is the copy of the original, but yes the original is in great shape.

It's nice to be reassured that the value is there, but I don't buy to flip. I am going to own this car and enjoy it, until the next big chase presents itself lol.

There is nothing wrong with finding a car and flipping it. It's called capitalism. Nobody forces anyone to buy anything ( except obummer!). And if someone on the forum got that car, I think everyone would be thankful you brought it here.

Looks like over at v8buick.com they are a little envious of the power of the Hemi.

upload_2017-8-27_22-44-34.png

Funny...there wasn't a single post. (J/K)

My dad was a lifelong Buick/Pontiac guy. He kicked himself till the day he died for not buying a Grand National dealer demo back in the 1980s. He owned mostly LeSabres and Catalinas, with his 1972 Catalina Convertible survivor as his pride and joy. I should have bought the car from him when his Alzheimer's got the best of him, but I was the 'black sheep' of the family always owning MOPARs.

Anyhow, welcome, and I'll place my vote that this car is a good buy.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

There is nothing wrong with finding a car and flipping it. It's called capitalism. Nobody forces anyone to buy anything ( except obummer!). And if someone on the forum got that car, I think everyone would be thankful you brought it here.

Your right- I can't predict the future. It will be in a better home regardless than it is currently.

Looks like over at v8buick.com they are a little envious of the power of the Hemi.

View attachment 507072

Funny...there wasn't a single post. (J/K)

The king of Torque! Lol, all in good fun.

My dad was a lifelong Buick/Pontiac guy. He kicked himself till the day he died for not buying a Grand National dealer demo back in the 1980s. He owned mostly LeSabres and Catalinas, with his 1972 Catalina Convertible survivor as his pride and joy. I should have bought the car from him when his Alzheimer's got the best of him, but I was the 'black sheep' of the family always owning MOPARs.

Anyhow, welcome, and I'll place my vote that this car is a good buy.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Thanks for sharing. Your dad definitely had good taste!

I spoke to the neighbors again tonight. I want to look the car over again with my dad before pulling the trigger. She agreed to give me the time before going elsewhere.

I asked a few more questions- it's believed they pulled the 440 because they raced it and were afraid to blow the original up- resulting in the current 426 installed. I am skeptical, but who knows. It's the only complete engine in the house, so it could be true. He also said the 426 turns over freely, but the 440 is locked up.

Last edited:
GSGN-RT, I see there is a "he" involved now and not just the sister in law, I was wondering.
Did you see my above post #19?
The 440 is a crap shoot now.
It's a very nice thing she is doing for you with the time needed on your side.

Last edited:
IMG_2541.JPG
The "he" is her long term "friend"... they used to date. He's been in the picture for 10 years or so. I was going in with the assumption that the 440 needs rebuilt. There is not apparent hole in the block, so I'm assuming it's not hurt beyond repair. Would this factor into the price assuming it just needs rebuilt?

My plan is to get it on the road with the current 426, while taking the time to rebuild the 440 correctly.

Edit: just saw the 440 vin location posed to this thread. It is the numbers engine for the car. I attached a photo.

GSGN-RT, I see there is a "he" involved now and not just the sister in law, I was wondering.
Did you see my above post #19?
The 440 is a crap shoot now.
It's a very nice thing she is doing for you with the time needed on your side.

Last edited:
If you don't please pass the find I'm a buyer at 35 and happy to pay finders fee

Howdy from Oregon. WOW great find. I worked at a Buick dealer as a Tech and got to drive the first turbo Regals, impressive cars. Now get that Charger put a Hemi in it and see if the 455 GS really is a Hemi Killer. Sounds like fun NO??

You have to pay to play. That car is one of the few that would be worth the time to restore and still be in the black, if it was going to be restored. Finding them in that condition is getting harder and harder. Your decision.

I really like your choice of cars too. I have always liked Buicks, especially a GN. Back in 89-90 there was dealer that had a new one, never sold in the showroom for $12k. I use to drool over it as a broke high schooler. I had a 68 Charger I paid $1000 for that I would have gladly traded for that GN.

You will be seeing more of this car soon... in my garage... stay tuned :)
I'm not sure how far back the title goes or who's names on it BUT...
It is a paper trail (history) of that car, and depending on how you register it, "Regular, Classic or Antique" if the state wants the old title to shred before they issue you a new one, and the old title could mean something to you and that car (names and dates), have the seller apply for a "lost or misplaced title" at your cost of course, then you use that new title and give that one to the state, then you get a new one for you, and have the "Old Title" still.
I did something like this, cost me $70. but I have my first title. I went from "Regular" to "Antique" registration, no Pa. State inspection.

In order to get a "lost or misplaced" title you need a pencil scraping of the dash VIN.

A few more photos I took today. There is 38,475 original miles on this car. Better yet- I found a receipt for a complete rebuild of the 440 from October of 1974 with the original owners name, number, and address! That receipt just happened to be from a shop 25 minutes where the car currently is! The rebuild took place with 34,000 on the car! It also confirms that the current 4 barrel set up has been on the car for 43 years. I will take full possession later this week. Like I said, it's got some rust- but man is it solid overall.

IMG_2657.JPG IMG_2658.JPG IMG_2659.JPG IMG_2660.JPG

A good find and well bought. Thanks for sharing and getting another MOPAR back onto the road. Keep us updated on the progress.

Wow that right front fender still has lots of gloss to it.
I do believe that car will buff out to a shine on a lot of metal.
Looks like the assembly line worker forgot to put the "jacking instructions" on the trunk lid. I guess that's better then the wrong instructions like I have.
Does it have tailpipes?
I bet your not sleeping very well.:steering:
I can't wait till you take lots of pictures in the sunlight. Remember, take lots of quality pictures before you move it, as you move it and after you move it.
Even take picture of it's surroundings (for your private collection of course), where it was liberated from.

Last edited:
Wow that right front fender still has lots of gloss to it.
I do believe that car will buff out to a shine on a lot of metal.
Looks like the assembly line worker forgot to put the "jacking instructions" on the trunk lid. I guess that's better then the wrong instructions like I have.
Does it have tailpipes?
I bet your not sleeping very well.:steering:
I can't wait till you take lots of pictures in the sunlight. Remember, take lots of quality pictures before you move it, as you move it and after you move it.
Even take picture of it's surroundings (for your private collection of course), where it was liberated from.

Great advice, as always!

I will certainly do so. She has most of the exhaust- all in usable shape, including the tips.

The list right now of o.e parts is not a cheap list:

Carbs, linkage, etc
Air cleaner
correct exhaust manifolds
Steering wheel

I will start a new thread later this week detailing the build outline, etc.

Thanks,
Lou

Oh my Lou, if you want cheap, you'd have to go with a bow tie or blue oval. I have been to car shows and would you believe that some OLD Mopars have GM motors because its way cheaper then a real Mopar motor.

Auto Transport Service
Back