• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Here - Buick guy that stumbled upon a 6 pack Charger

I hate to say it, but 35K ask is not too whacked. I think she's done her homework, probably right here on FBBO. An R/T with a six pack, numbers match, doesn't come around much. There's a lot of work, and I'm not quite understanding what's in that engine bay now, but even a Buick guy will be kicking himself years later if this opportunity passes.

Seems like a no brainer...if you pass it up you have no brain. (J/K)
We're all drooling at the dinner you're trying to decide whether to eat or not.

If you got the dinaro buy it, quick. These do not come up often in unrestored, complete original condition and are in that good of shape. You will regret it later if you don't get it. Welcome from Vermont.

IMG_2537.JPG
Wow, thanks if the overwhelming warm welcome. I come from a very tight forum (v8buick.com), and wasn't sure what to expect joining here. If someone had a question and I failed to answer/respond, please let me know. I took a pic of the build sheet, but it's blurry. You can clearly decode the vin on the top if you have an IPhone to zoom and good eyes!

Question- the story is the granddaughter used to steal and sell parts from this old man- including the original carbs. How hard and how expensive will it be to find the correct carbs and air cleaner? Saw an OEM on eBay for like 800. Would not want to go repro with this car.

I included a few pics of my GN project. I have the knowledge and capabilities to do this Charger the right way, I just don't want to lose my shirt on it if it comes time to sell and move on.

Ps: anyone know somebody looking for a G8 GT on fire sale? ;)

IMG_1925.JPG IMG_1940.JPG IMG_2546.JPG

Welcome
Buick is by far the best GM make.
I love 66&67 GS.

Welcome to the madness and I think this forum might just best your Buick forum as we've got a great group here as well - always willing to help out a fellow member . . .

I think they're telling you that you need to buy this car . . .

welcome..........count your blessings, buy the Charger, and sell off that mid 80s nonsense.......

Do us a favour of you pass on it please pass the info on to R.C. this would sure look nice in his new garage!
R.c. you better get over here and bring your change purse ..... I want to see more of this one! Cool ,Buick guy too I love old buicks

Don't fool around on this one, someone else has to know about it's location and could very well buy it out from under you, then you'd really be pissed off at your self. The sister in law is trying to make top dollar, which is good on her part.
Thanks for the picture of the Broadcast sheet, U84 and W21.
When you get it, (I HAVE FAITH IN YOU), get it running, wash and dry and that's it, keep it as is.
If like you say you'd like to have a 2nd gen. Charger unrestored and do not need a shiny rebuilt one, this is you.
I wonder what taillight lens it has, 1969 without the reflectors in the center or 1970 with the reflectors? More pictures with better quality would be great.
I love these treasure hunts you LUCKY guys have found.

Last edited:
Nice find. We all would love to be in your shoes right now.......and have the cash. If you can swing the finances, buy it. At 23 years old it will likely be your best investment so far in life.........although it will be the beginning of a very powerful addiction!

Appears to have V21 hood treatment as well. Very rare car. Out of almost 200 V codes in the 70 Charger Registry only one other EK2 hardtop 440 six pack 4 speed V21 car. The other has been featured before so you can see what could be.
http://1970chargerregistry.com/Gallery/ClassicAds?page=42

A video of the other car is also here

Don
1970 Charger Registry
www.1970chargerregistry.com

Don did you see "V21" on that COPY of the build sheet or the darkness on the hood in the pictures?
Second line "V2 box" looks blank.
These pictures are teasers?

Last edited:
Don did you see "V21" on that COPY of the build sheet or the darkness on the hood in the pictures?
Second line "V2 box" looks blank.
These pictures are teasers?

It's definitely a V21 car. The hood has faded black paint in the inserts. Thanks again for the warm welcome. I will take the time tonight to answer specific things you guys have asked or respond to the great advice I've gotten. She also has an original paint 73 440 charger in much nicer shape, a 64? 300 convert, and a 53/54 desoto she wants to sell. I'm going to try and help her advertise the cars as part of the deal with me purchasing the 70.

I will keep everyone posted. The next time you see pics, it will hopefully be in my driveway!

That is a very pristine looking Broadcast Sheet!!!

View attachment 506627 Wow, thanks if the overwhelming warm welcome. I come from a very tight forum (v8buick.com), and wasn't sure what to expect joining here. If someone had a question and I failed to answer/respond, please let me know. I took a pic of the build sheet, but it's blurry. You can clearly decode the vin on the top if you have an IPhone to zoom and good eyes!

Question- the story is the granddaughter used to steal and sell parts from this old man- including the original carbs. How hard and how expensive will it be to find the correct carbs and air cleaner? Saw an OEM on eBay for like 800. Would not want to go repro with this car.

I included a few pics of my GN project. I have the knowledge and capabilities to do this Charger the right way, I just don't want to lose my shirt on it if it comes time to sell and move on.

Ps: anyone know somebody looking for a G8 GT on fire sale? ;)

View attachment 506625 View attachment 506626 View attachment 506628

Welcome. You can probably flip it to a member here for a "finder's " fee.

Auto Transport Service
Back