• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New look

At first glance, It’s very busy. I don’t need to see all the headers and footers that show member info and signature junk. Just who’s talking and what are they saying. I access from my phone as well so maybe that’s a factor.

I click once and it gos to forums
All that information is on the forums screen. I see Birthdays, statistics, and latest posts are all there.

Changes are always annoying, in my opinion. I refuse to accept the software updates on my phone because they never result in an improvement for me.
I understand that there are aspects of a site that get outdated and need to be improved, I just wish that the layout and font design were to stay the same.
One thing I did notice and I haven't decided whether I like it or not....
When a person you have on IGNORE is quoted in a post now, their screen name does show up but their content is hidden unless you click on it. That may help when a response seems out of context. Sometimes, I see a name of a person that annoys me just to see their screen name but that is my own problem to deal with.
I like the traditional...I have a classic car, my hairstyle is classic, my cell phone rings like an old A T & T phone too.
I ABSOLUTELY AGREE.....WHY was it changed? Because the software vendor said so? Was the server's memory increased and the only venue was via a software change? IMO....change for the sake of change is unwarranted.....especially without apparent reason. This gives credence to the old saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Additionally, there should be a mechanism to automatically supply answers to previously asked questions. For example: best oil to use, ported or manifold vacuum advance connection, best carburetor to use for a specific application, and, of course, the ongoing discussions about Timken Tapered axle bearings vs Green style bearings, vehicle cooling system operation and a few other "heated" topics.
To me, it would be interesting to know the how's and why's of the change was needed/wanted.....moderators/owners ...any insight??? Just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON

Can't find any of them....
If you're talking about the smilies, you have to click on 'more options' to open a drop down to where they're at......

smilies.JPG

1653917410900.png

... just kidding... it's not really THAT bad... it's just ...horrible.

Last edited:
NOT A FAN OF WHAT IS CALLED A NEW LOOK! i THINKS ME IS DONE WITH THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUFFCUT

Screenshot_20220530-092327~2.png

Screenshot_20220530-092126~3.png

Oh no the big dreaded red x is gone.

And the rest of the cryptic symbols in the lower right corner of the post mean exactly what?? Its a shame that society has lost the ability to VERBALLY EXPRESS their thoughts with out some form of cartoon characters or imogee's, thought up by others, that are to replace words, thoughts or actions. Personally, I have no idea what these characters represent.....I guess I need some instructions for use or a dictionary of what these characters represent.
BOB RENTON

And the rest of the cryptic symbols in the lower right corner of the post mean exactly what?? Its a shame that society has lost the ability to VERBALLY EXPRESS their thoughts with out some form of cartoon characters or imogee's, thought up by others, that are to replace words, thoughts or actions. Personally, I have no idea what these characters represent.....I guess I need some instructions for use or a dictionary of what these characters represent.
BOB RENTON
You need merely to hover your cursor over each symbol to read the pop up text description.

At least the 'agree' and 'disagree' symbols are farther apart to prevent mistakes.

You need merely to hover your cursor over each symbol to read the pop up text description.

At least the 'agree' and 'disagree' symbols are farther apart to prevent mistakes.
That doesn't work with a phone (at least mine). My old shakey fingers don't hover well either.

Hovering over the title feature works for me again.
1653920577210.png

Hovering doesn't work on my Motorola.

I was already somewhat acclimated to the new software from my wandering around FCBO.

Hovering over the title feature works for me again.View attachment 1291741
Exactly what does the blue/black symbol (third from left in line up) mean? What is represented means nothing to me....if it trying to say agreement, as in a hand shake, why not just say agree? Who decided the symbol meant that ? If I said what I meant in French or Chinese, who would understand?.....very few....
BOB RENTON

Exactly what does the blue/black symbol (third from left in line up) mean? What is represented means nothing to me....if it trying to say agreement, as in a hand shake, why not just say agree? Who decided the symbol meant that ? If I said what I meant in French or Chinese, who would understand?.....very few....
BOB RENTON
This one? The shaking hands? It's "Thanks".

1653921801925.png

Auto Transport Service
Back