• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member finishing a 67 GTX

JimmyGTX

Local time
6:07 PM
Reaction score
Another new member working on a 67 GTX project. Got it back from Body and Paint last year and slowly been purchasing some reproduction parts and getting others repaired and refinished. Work schedule and volunteer schedule prevents me from doing some of the bigger tasks, but my goal is to do the final assembly with resources on here and some friends locally.

Most interesting part about this project is my Mom bought the car new, it was sold by my older brother in the 80's, found and bought back in 96 but the person had let it go storing it outside.

I started the tear down in 2010 and just got it back in 2021. I told the body guy to take his time, I just didn't realize he would take me literrally.

But it looks great and I can't wait to get it back on the road.

IMG_20201129_133945_01.jpg

PXL_20201129_145928217.MP.jpg

Welcome, car looks great

Welcome to FBBO!! A long time coming but a great project and a beautiful looking two-tone finish!

Welcome from CT. I have a 66 convertible. Have fun putting it back together. It will be super nice when done.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

looks good so far

Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA. Looks like it is off to a beautiful start for the resto.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. Nice looking GTX. It will be beautiful when done.
Here's one my friend completed a couple of years ago.

P6190055.JPG

P6190056.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome from Southern CA:
Great back story, and good looking GTX, keep it going and you'll be smiling down the road in no time !!
What are the other plans for the car, auto or manual, engine, center console...column shift ?

Another new member working on a 67 GTX project. Got it back from Body and Paint last year and slowly been purchasing some reproduction parts and getting others repaired and refinished. Work schedule and volunteer schedule prevents me from doing some of the bigger tasks, but my goal is to do the final assembly with resources on here and some friends locally.

Most interesting part about this project is my Mom bought the car new, it was sold by my older brother in the 80's, found and bought back in 96 but the person had let it go storing it outside.

I started the tear down in 2010 and just got it back in 2021. I told the body guy to take his time, I just didn't realize he would take me literrally.

But it looks great and I can't wait to get it back on the road.

View attachment 1492367

View attachment 1492368
Looks awesome - I am about to start my tear down.

Love the back story and that color is gorgeous.

Are you in Northern Ohio?

Welcome to FBBO!! A long time coming but a great project and a beautiful looking two-tone finish!
Actually Factory 881 Bright Blue Metallic, lighting makes it look 2 tone.

Welcome from Southern CA:
Great back story, and good looking GTX, keep it going and you'll be smiling down the road in no time !!
What are the other plans for the car, auto or manual, engine, center console...column shift ?
440 with Automatic with center console. Pearl White Interior.

Trying to keep it as original as I can.

Auto Transport Service
Back