• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member leaving the “dark” side.

fredricp4

Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I’m new member Paul from the western ‘burbs’ of Chicago. I’m a long time Buick V6 guy having an ‘84 GN and an ’87 T-Type. While both are fine cars, I’ve always appreciated the Dodge and Plymouth body styling, and now decided to move in that direction.

At this point I’m in research mode, I joined the Chicagoland Mopar Connection club, subscribed to Mopar Action magazine and will attend Carlisle in July.

I look forward to learning what I can about these beautiful cars with your help.

:thumbsup:

Welcome aboard from the Pacific Northwest. There are many people here who want to help you on your new journey. Mopar land can be addictive and cause enjoyment and lots of learning along the way. Did you have any specific b bodies to start your journey??

1670783802034.png
Paul what do you think you will buy for a Mopar?pics of your Buicks? 1 time free pass :lol:

While your here, do some perusing through the members photo garage section on the site. You’re sure get a good taste of what Ma Mopar offered with various styling and performance options. Good luck on your search and let us know what you finally decide on!

Greetings and welcome to FBBO from western NY!

Welcome. I was a 69 Camaro guy until I got a ride in a 440 4 spd Challenger and then a 383 RR, sold the last Camaro and took that money and bought a 70 440-6 RR and never looked back. That was in 79.

Welcome from Alabama, this is a great place to research as well as get help. When you find something that you like, check the Mopars for sale section.

newwelcome.jpg
I preferred the T-Type to the GN; less gingerbread, same meat. :)

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome to FBBO and glad to see you also joined the CMC club.

Welcome from the Motor City. Most all of my buddies are on the dark side and own brand X'ers. My entire family either worked for G.M. or FoMoCo. I however bought my first 70 Charger R/T at 15 and have always owned at least one Charger and have owned close to 50 Mopars and Mopars only ever since. Never owned anything else.

Last edited:
Welcome from PA, from a former Chicago resident. When you decide what you want, this forum can prove a great resource - I've purchased and sold cars on here with excellent results.

Auto Transport Service
Back