• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Muscle Car?

First thing I do when I get in my R/T is turn that damn traction control off. It really makes the car strange to drive. It must be some poor mans traction control because all it seems to do it drop the power in a major way. Trouble is the power drop is so severe that it makes the car dangerous to drive if you need to step on it.

I didn't think you could turn it completely off. Is there an aftermarket computer out yet that completely kills it?

Somebody mention a pink Challenger??

PINK.jpg

I didn't think you could turn it completely off. Is there an aftermarket computer out yet that completely kills it?

There's a button on the dash over the radio that turns it off. It comes on by default when the car is started. You have to push the button to turn it off. Wish it was the other way around.

Ok, dealing with a super jealous kid and immature wife over this new car. This is the same kid that got a Challenger SE when she was 17, and she's mad b/c I bought the car/color SHE wants for her next car; I was incredulous when this was developing last night, like am I really hearing this garbage? And, the wife just sat there telling me is looks like ****, but she wants to drive it, I tell you...I'm going to marry my new car, hell Gays can marry now, why not marry our MOPARS!!!!??? Needless to say; they can suck it up, I'm enjoying the HELL out of my new ride; everywhere I go, everyone looks, at the gas station today, even dudes admit to liking the color; it really looks less and less like Pink when you get up on it. Yesterday, 2 chicks in a car just stayed next to me in their Mini...looking, smiling and thumbs up...I may be onto something here!!!!

Yesterday, 2 chicks in a car just stayed next to me in their Mini...looking, smiling and thumbs up...I may be onto something here!!!![/QUOTE]

Yah, like your next bout with divorce!!! Ha Ha Ha!

Hell yeah! Love the new Chally Donny! Congrats! I would drive the hell out of panther pink and moulin rouge! The Hell w/ what people say about the pink,bet they are just jealous because Mopar guys are the only guys that can pull off a pink ride! Get a pink corvette and I bet U never live it down w/ the Chebby guys! Plus U look like your driving the Barbie mobile w/ a pink vette! Awesome ride! Get a Diablo Infinity programmer 4 it when U get the chance really simple to use and wakes up that sleepy tuned down factory Hemi! Change shift points,remove speed limiter,disable traction control,etc!

Hey 65 you're a dealer? I see the Pink one's are slow selling all across the USA. Yeah, I hear the VIN and the number "1" etc as USA, I got it, sure thing, I almost bit the Mustang, I really did; had it all planned out, but, this car and time and price and financing SPOKE to me, it all lined up, plus, Mustangs are HIGHER in insurance premiums than the Challengers!

I am a tech at a dodge dealer... do a google search for the new SRT 300, looks bad *** ! .... and honestly, i would probably take the mustang hands down. But something about that damn furious fuchia keeps my eyes on the challenger !!! ....

...Mopar guys are the only guys that can pull off a pink ride! ... Get a Diablo Infinity programmer 4 it when U get the chance really simple to use and wakes up that sleepy tuned down factory Hemi! Change shift points,remove speed limiter,disable traction control,etc!

Change shift points, it's a 6 speed; infinitely adjustable shift points!

Furious Fuschia was sprayed on 400 SRT-8s for 2010, I wonder how many R/Ts have that color, and how many of the FF have the 6 speed?

Must have missed the 6 speed part! The programmers do have much more to offer besides that! Even a fuel economy mode! Anyway glad to see you like the new ride!! And I dont think they made many furious fuschia 6 speed R/T's we have 1 here on a car lot and last I thought I heard was only 250-400 of those were made,don't remember the exact # not many though! Glad U got one!

And it seems as if the exhaust note of the FF RT Classic is deeper than the 'regular' Challenger RT, how/why I can determine this, well, my soldier buddy Nick, remember him, the Chevelle thread -- the guy with the Challenger SRT-8, well, we had our cars side by side running, and my RT sounded identical, if not a bit deeper than his SRT-8; I'm not making this up, or, embellishing this one bit.

Hey, I just heard the 2011s are going to be a short production run. Is that true? If it is, that makes yours even rarer?

It has 6 miles on it. I left the parking lot, and gave it some gas and it just did not feel like it had any power. I told the GM this, and he said to "really open it up" so I downshifted, lightly feathered the clutch and still couldn't get it to go. I turned around and from a slow roll, put it in first and tried to put it thru the gears fast, and it wouldn't even torque the rear tires. (Yes, I know, "traction control"). It took forever to get to speed. I was quite unimpressed. What good is all that hemi "horsepower" if you can't use it?

The odometer read 7 miles when I parked it. One mile and I had enough already. What a dog. Woof.

I thought the same thing the first couple times I got on mine. It was a bit of a dog, and even had a hard time lighting up the tires, but don't gauge too much on that. There's a couple little tricks you can do to wake them up. Resetting the powertrain control module, and doing a throttle calibration take a few minutes and make them seem like a whole new car. Add a Diablo Predator tuner and the R/T really comes alive! I'm completely satisfied with my R/T, and it is a riot to get on it!!

I noticed that exhaust difference as well. I test drove an orange R/T auto last year and it was noticeably quiet compared to the six speed R/T. I went with a six speed because it gave the car a lot more personality compared to the automatic. The automatic shifted kind of slow also.
If you have ever driven a 70-74 E-body Mopar you can tell how Dodge tried to put that old school muscle car feel into the new Challengers. If they made the car too soft and polished it would just be a cruiser. The six speed Challenger was made to be driven fast.
Last August I bought the only six speed they had on the lot, a Deepwater blue R/T classic. I heard Dodge does not release production numbers anymore. I hate to say it but if you are considering purchasing a new Challenger you'd better start shopping. With high gas prices, sales will bottom out again. When that happens, Dodge will pull the plug on the Challenger just like 1974.

Attachments

• sr;ihripshvpsr 008.jpg
    sr;ihripshvpsr 008.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 279
  • sr;ihripshvpsr 018.jpg
    sr;ihripshvpsr 018.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 300
These gasoline prices are not sustainable en mass, they will go back down, they always do! Remember back in 1989 they were $1.35, 1999 they were $1.50ish, 2008 (July) they were $4.10, early 2009 they were $1.95ish again, held steady after that in the $2.25 for like 2 yrs, then, the middle east revolutions and they are up there...Challenger production will be based on sales, that's how it goes. In 1974 gasoline was climbing high, insurance was sky high, and, V8s were messy nasty engines. Today's V8s are very efficient and computer controlled for max power and max economy. I don't see this changing too much, only gas prices; they will come down.

Auto Transport Service
Back