• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Ram

Don selleck

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
well not a new ram but new to me, been looking for one of these for nearly 3 years, I think I've found one of the nicest one's I've seen. 1934 1/2 ton KC suicide doors. All original metal including cab and fenders, box looks to be a replacement kit. Original flat six with a 5 speed conversion for the trans, 2 single barrel rochesters, dual magnaflow exhaust. a whopping 70 horse power from the factory, had her up to a 70 mph white knuckle ride, cruises good around 58 so stays up with 2 lane traffic. Picked her up in Texas friday morning. drove down thursday 15 hrs. ended up sleeping in my 2020 ram, not a room to be found and most spaces taken up at truck stops and rest areas, what a busy place. Got her loaded and headed back friday got home around 1 am saturday. slept for a few hrs and managed to put about 300 miles on it this weekend. cool old rare truck. lots of looks and thumbs up. gonna drive the **** out of this truck!

20210726_171021.jpg 20210726_171058.jpg 20210726_165726.jpg 20210726_165449.jpg 20210726_165353.jpg 20210726_165320.jpg 20210726_165424.jpg 20210726_165707.jpg 20210724_113858.jpg

Congrats
good looking old truck

what's the plans for it ?
leave it as is & just make it safer to actually drive ?

or do something like
better suspension & brakes ?
engine or trans/drive train etc. ?
change the battery & electrical system to 12 vt ?
to be able to run down todays' hwys/roads safely,
without much worry

Just curious

12v converted already will be checking into more drivability, too nice to restmod super clean, keeping flat six maybe small turbo with maybe 5lbs of boost mainly for the sound and the asshole effect. drivability now is suprizingly good but would like to get up to highway speeds for longer trips
Congrats
good looking old truck

what's the plans for it ?
leave it as is & just make it safer to actually drive ?

or do something like
better suspension & brakes ?
engine or trans/drive train etc. ?
change the battery & electrical system to 12 vt ?
to be able to run down todays' hwys/roads safely,
without much worry

Just curious

going out for a cruise nice evening up here tonight

12v converted already will be checking into more drivability, too nice to restmod super clean, keeping flat six maybe small turbo with maybe 5lbs of boost mainly for the sound and the asshole effect. drivability now is suprizingly good but would like to get up to highway speeds for longer trips
sounds like a good plan :thumbsup::thumbsup:

enjoy the new truck/Ram :poke:
I do love them old hood ornaments

That thing is fantastic! Doesn’t get much more badass looking than that

Love it. Nice find! Always loved the 30'd vintage truck! Enjoy!

A very nice old Dodge truck you have there Don.. and yes drive it as often as you can.. they are alot of fun. The instrument cluster looks exactly like the
one in our 33 Dodge Coupe, probably 33-34 Dodges are the same. There is always something to improve on in those ole rods. Enjoy your sweet ride! @Dodge33

A very nice old Dodge truck you have there Don.. and yes drive it as often as you can.. they are alot of fun. The instrument cluster looks exactly like the
one in our 33 Dodge Coupe, probably 33-34 Dodges are the same. There is always something to improve on in those ole rods. Enjoy your sweet ride! @Dodge33
thank you, yes i've seen those instrument clusters in several of the old 30's rides. Bellvue isn't far from me, that's by leslie I believe I'm down in Jackson on the east side off of 94

thank you, yes i've seen those instrument clusters in several of the old 30's rides. Bellvue isn't far from me, that's by leslie I believe I'm down in Jackson on the east side off of 94

Don, Do you know if the engine in it, is the 216 cu in. or the 230 cu in.
engine? Yea.. your not that far away, we live just north of Battle Creek on M66
Hwy. When we get some things cleaned up around here.. you can/could stop over here to our place, and you can check out the 33 Dodge we have. Its a 400 BB with a 727 trans, 8.75 rearend. Been in our family many years. If you stop by.. and come on a Wed evening, they have an anybody get together at the Red Barns (Gilmores) its like 5-8pm for car lovers. I think they also have the 50s diner open then to, if you want to eat. I have family in Jackson.. my fathers cousin Ron.. he has had many cars in his lifetime, and loves Mopars, but he is slowing down, I think he is around 76-77 years old now. At one time.. he wrote several Mopar articles for Chrysler Car Enthusiast Magazine. At that time, he had a yellow 66 Hemi Belvedere, then it was changed to a 496 cu in. stroker, which he said was even quite more powerful than the Hemi. Talk to you soon. @Dodge33

Don, Do you know if the engine in it, is the 216 cu in. or the 230 cu in.
engine? Yea.. your not that far away, we live just north of Battle Creek on M66
Hwy. When we get some things cleaned up around here.. you can/could stop over here to our place, and you can check out the 33 Dodge we have. Its a 400 BB with a 727 trans, 8.75 rearend. Been in our family many years. If you stop by.. and come on a Wed evening, they have an anybody get together at the Red Barns (Gilmores) its like 5-8pm for car lovers. I think they also have the 50s diner open then to, if you want to eat. I have family in Jackson.. my fathers cousin Ron.. he has had many cars in his lifetime, and loves Mopars, but he is slowing down, I think he is around 76-77 years old now. At one time.. he wrote several Mopar articles for Chrysler Car Enthusiast Magazine. At that time, he had a yellow 66 Hemi Belvedere, then it was changed to a 496 cu in. stroker, which he said was even quite more powerful than the Hemi. Talk to you soon. @Dodge33
that sounds good I have been to gilmore a few times, very cool place. a few people on here had some cars there for a while Justin Hargrave had the 69 gtx. and the other guys name slips my mind, talked to him only once. Not sure how to identify the flat 6 any numbers that I can look for to tell me more? that 33 sounds interesting with that 400 wow!.

that sounds good I have been to gilmore a few times, very cool place. a few people on here had some cars there for a while Justin Hargrave had the 69 gtx. and the other guys name slips my mind, talked to him only once. Not sure how to identify the flat 6 any numbers that I can look for to tell me more? that 33 sounds interesting with that 400 wow!.

Yes.. I do remember seeing Justin's car in pics, here on the sight, never in person tho. I don't know if this guy from our area still has a couple of his E-body cars over there or not. I believe the one car was a 70 Challenger 340 6pack car, and I am not sure about the other one. I am pretty sure I have a
printed manual here.. and I will check on it. There should be a spot, or a milled off area, where the stamp might be located. You could also check out google, as there is good information on many important topics! I'm sorry.. but I need to get myself to the house, and get ready for bed. Let you know any info, I can find. @Dodge33

Congrats on a very nice ride there, I would look good in that!!

Auto Transport Service
Back