• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new yearone dash harness extra wires 70 bee

doug428

Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
I have new yearone dash harness for 70 bee rallye dash
there is an extra group of wires that are not on my original harness
larger gauge wires with a post type terminal.

two blue with white tracer on one terminal
and two lt green on the other terminal
there is also an extra plug.

Is this for a rally dash? I found 2 wires in my manuel that are light blue and grey that goes to the tach. Where do these seem to end up at when you lay it out in the dash? Let me know and I'll look again and see if we can get you fixed up. I have been where your at now so don't get flustered with it. Ronnie

Is this for a rally dash? I found 2 wires in my manuel that are light blue and grey that goes to the tach. Where do these seem to end up at when you lay it out in the dash? Let me know and I'll look again and see if we can get you fixed up. I have been where your at now so don't get flustered with it. Ronnie

I do have rallye dash but those are separate wires
I have a 70 dodge manual with wiring layout but do not see them shown.
they are on the drivers side, just before the drivers door light and dimmer switch group of wires.
my old harness does not have them from factory
they are a heavier gauge then most maybe 12 ga.

They sent you the harness for a 1970 Dodge Charger. The blue wires with white tracers and the lt green wires go to the concealed headlight relay. The other black and blue wire connector also goes to the relay to control the motor.

are you kidding me WTF
now what, I bought this almost a year ago
just now getting the car back together
the web site said b body with oil gauge.

are you kidding me WTF
now what, I bought this almost a year ago
just now getting the car back together
the web site said b body with oil gauge.

If you have what you need to power everything and have extra wires I don't see the big deal. Just make sure they are secured so they won't spark or ground anything. If you are short the wire to the oil gauge then that's is a problem ... maybe. By maybe I mean IDK, but someone will advise on that

I will check with yearone to see if there is a different harness, $500 bucks for harness I want the right one.
I can understand that they might make a harness to fit all b bodies, but if these are some how wired to allow the lights to work properly on a charger will it still work on the coronet if I just tape them up. will lights still turn on if the relay is not there to complete the circuit.
dont want to install it and find out lights dont work.

thanks for all the help guys

called M&H and they said the harness is universal to fit all the 1970 B-Body rallye dash cars including the charger with hideaway headlights.
the extra wires are for the headlight relay on a charger with hide away lights.
they told me to just tape or heat shrink the ends and not worry. or I could send it back along with original harness and they would make it match.

Auto Transport Service
Back