• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie looking for help with trim

So I lucked out, the car got here safe and sound it turns out that the only trim still on the car is around the tail lights, windshield and driver and passenger windows. Now it looks like the clips that hold the drip rails on rear third of the car are still attached. Also I've tried going through the service manual and parts catalogue and can't seem to find a list or anything on all of the exterior trim; I was hoping to find a list so I could go through all the trim that came with the car so I can organize it and see what pieces I need to get. If any one can tell me a page number for the service manual, parts catalogue, or if someone could show me some pictures that shows all the trim that should be there I would greatly appreciate it.

Also here's some pics of the car and the tools I picked up to remove the trim, and the the clips that are still attached to it.

IMG_0017.JPG IMG_0027.JPG IMG_0019.JPG IMG_20190102_163816.jpg

I just did the same trim removal on both a 66 and 67 during the restoration process. I had a guy in Phoenix that was familiar with classic car front and rear window removal and installation remove the windshield and back glass stainless trim. If you bend those, very hard to find replacements. Just my two cents...:)

Good luck!

Mark

I hope I don't sound obstinate, but this is the first time restoring a car for me and I want to make sure I do it right. As for Onlyone, my reasoning for taking all the trim off was that since I'm taking the paint off down to bare metal I don't want to ruin the trim with the sander, and by taking it down to bare metal I can see if there is any damage that needs to be fixed. Also pretty much all the trim is going to need to get polished or re chromed so I might as well take it off now. For the front windshield I'm going to have to take the trim off because I'm going to have to take the dash out so I can get the switches and everything checked. Again thanks for everyone's help and advice.

So I lucked out, the car got here safe and sound it turns out that the only trim still on the car is around the tail lights, windshield and driver and passenger windows. Now it looks like the clips that hold the drip rails on rear third of the car are still attached. Also I've tried going through the service manual and parts catalogue and can't seem to find a list or anything on all of the exterior trim; I was hoping to find a list so I could go through all the trim that came with the car so I can organize it and see what pieces I need to get. If any one can tell me a page number for the service manual, parts catalogue, or if someone could show me some pictures that shows all the trim that should be there I would greatly appreciate it.

Also here's some pics of the car and the tools I picked up to remove the trim, and the the clips that are still attached to it.

View attachment 699522 View attachment 699523 View attachment 699524 View attachment 699525
As mentioned before....go to MyMopar.com and download the 67 dodge parts manual. On page 23-212 and 23-213 are body pictures and parts list. Another good list is in the 1966 Charger service manual supplement on page 24. This is really good for the parts that are used to attach the trim.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back