• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alan Dobson

Local time
3:42 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I am starting a project with my 2 sons over Xmas and could use a little help. I have a 1970 Dodge Charger all restored and painted with a small block and 904 trans. My son built me a 440 in college and we are going to install it over the upcoming holiday, 727 is in the shop being gone thru, I have the Shumacher conversion engine mounts, I was wonder about the transmission cross member, do I need a new crossmemeberbor just a different mount. If new member, where is the best place to get that from?
On the cooling side of things, with the small block, I have the small radiator opening, what is everyone doing to cool these bigblocks, going with a good small radiator or cutting the hole bigger and installing the larger radiator.
I think I stop here for now, I remember seeing a while back a post in one of these forums where a guy had made up a complete step by step things to do and by to swap a big block into a small block car but I don't have the link anymore. Does anyone know about it or seen it.
Thanks alot in advance doebany help with this family project!!

th_welcome.gif

Someone should remember. In the meantime you could try the search feature.

Thanks guys, I've tried the search but it keeps asking for member names etc. Of course I don't know anyone yet. Lol

Nice car, good to have another Charger here!

Other projects are 2- 71 Demons, one small block streeter, and one race, and a 73 Dart sport custom.

"They" will be wanting more pictures now!

Auto Transport Service
Back