• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nick Panaritis from NICK'S GARAGE is now a FBBO member!

IF... he was WhitePunkNitro on FABO it certainly seemed like he was there just to buy and sell/resell parts. Seemed like that was how he made his living. I take these communities as enthusiasts helping other enthusiasts, not as a feeding ground in which to stock your business shelves.
You might want to specify who you're talking about when throwing about such shade, just saying....

The "White Punk" at FABO is/was Tony DeFeo....also known as Uncle Tony.
He now makes his money on YouTube with his Uncle Tony's Garage channel.

No ****! So disappointed.
NO WAY would Nick P do **** like that, so I'm glad we got that straight.

:D

I sub UTG. Good discussions. But he had Steve Mags on last night, and they were going on about how good 4 wheel drum brakes are.

They lost me.:D

Yeah, that's what got the cackles up on my back as well. I'm quite defensive of the genuine
good guys in the hobby like Nick.

:D

I sub UTG. Good discussions. But he had Steve Mags on last night, and they were going on about how good 4 wheel drum brakes are.

They lost me.:D
Tony is a classic "idea guy". He's done all sorts of stuff to make money in his life - some good, some
sort of in gray areas. Dude has short attention span syndrome for sure, but he's quite sharp.
Sometimes he offers genuine, earnest information and advice.
Others, it's all about getting attention, especially for his channel.
He knows where the money is and that seems to rule first with him.

I don’t want to bash Tony but it did seem like as a FABO member, he “used” the site while rarely if ever participating in the camaraderie of the site. I don’t recall ever seeing a build thread, an answer to a tech question or a comment anywhere. There may have been some but I didn’t see any.

I don’t want to bash Tony but it did seem like as a FABO member, he “used” the site while rarely if ever participating in the camaraderie of the site. I don’t recall ever seeing a build thread, an answer to a tech question or a comment anywhere. There may have been some but I didn’t see any.
You are probably correct, but unfortunately there are some guys like that on this site as well. I bought a couple of things for my Duster from Tony with no issues at all, so I was kind of glad he was around when I built that car.

Tony is a classic "idea guy". He's done all sorts of stuff to make money in his life - some good, some
sort of in gray areas. Dude has short attention span syndrome for sure, but he's quite sharp.
Sometimes he offers genuine, earnest information and advice.
Others, it's all about getting attention, especially for his channel.
He knows where the money is and that seems to rule first with him.

I enjoy his channel, and subbed to see the content. But... I daily drive a ‘68 Satellite with 4 wheel drums, drove many Mopars over the years with them, including my 440 Six Pack Charger. Yeah they stop the car, but in a panic situation disk brakes, just on the front are much more controllable. Chrysler went from 2 wheel cylinders per wheel to one back in ‘59 or ‘60. The design is flawed and obsolete in my view. He also goes on about points ignition... and how great they are, which the car also has. The only reasons I haven’t changed both is my work is 5 minutes away, and I’m lazy.

I’m surprised he didn’t promote the old single pot MC while he was at it. :D

I enjoy his channel, and subbed to see the content. But... I daily drive a ‘68 Satellite with 4 wheel drums, drove many Mopars over the years with them, including my 440 Six Pack Charger. Yeah they stop the car, but in a panic situation disk brakes, just on the front are much more controllable. Chrysler went from 2 wheel cylinders per wheel to one back in ‘59 or ‘60. The design is flawed and obsolete in my view. He also goes on about points ignition... and how great they are, which the car also has. The only reasons I haven’t changed both is my work is 5 minutes away, and I’m lazy.

I’m surprised he didn’t promote the old single pot MC while he was at it. :D
Ummm, all righty then....

Hey. I will still watch his channel. We just disagree on some things.
I'll go one further - I still check in on his channel from time to time (not subscribe) while still disagreeing with him
on many things. Dude could use his influence for a lot of good in the hobby if he wasn't so concerned with
generating attention all the time.
I'll admit that he has gotten better somewhat in that regard, though.

I have watched a few of UTGs episodes, well actually only parts of them because I find him to almost as unwatchable as GYC. Sure he has some knowledge, because has been working on Mopars most of his life (like many here). The problem is that those that haven't been blessed with being born at a time when these cars were common and having the ability and interest to own them think that people like UTG and GYC are "experts" when in fact they are far from it. UTG spews BS and makes it out to be fact or a result of his "vast experience" however those who have the same background know full well its BS.

Just like ole Mack Wormin, UTG is a self promoting opportunist trying to solicit new views/subscribers in an effort to make money and creating crap to do it. Both take an ounce of truth and sprinkle in a ton of crap just like the carnies they are, just need some tents and red noses to complete the scene.

You might want to specify who you're talking about when throwing about such shade, just saying....

Yes, I apologize as it seems I had the wrong guy. Must have misread a previous post on this thread indicating that it was him. BUT, that is why I started post with capitalized " IF", in my defense. Sorry to Nick P. I did however, recommend his YouTube channel to a friend that watches that stuff, on all your guys recommendations.

Yes, I apologize as it seems I had the wrong guy. Must have misread a previous post on this thread indicating that it was him. BUT, that is why I started post with capitalized " IF", in my defense. Sorry to Nick P. I did however, recommend his YouTube channel to a friend that watches that stuff, on all your guys recommendations.
You done good. :thumbsup:

I have been watching Nick for several years, and he really tries to do what is correct for the car. Last march I was pondering which cam to purchase for my 69 383 cuda four speed car, and so I emailed him to ask his suggestion, as He had quoted the specs for his challenger on an earlier episode, and was in the middle of a 383 build. A couple days later my phone rang at 9:00 am, and it was Nick calling me to make a suggestion for the engine build. he also asked to be kept in touch as to see how it goes. as many emails as he gets, he had the time to call me! I bought the cam he suggested, and went with melling for a lot of other parts.
Now that is a nice guy!

There’s Nick! Nice to hear from ya! You need to hang out with us more! :D

I love both Nick and Tony's channels, way better content then the crap they try to spoon feed us on t.v. Yes, Tony was a parts hustler, that's how the man made his living. I can't knock him for selling on a forum directed toward the exact cars that he sells parts for, that just makes sense to me. I look at it like this, even if he didn't converse on the board side of the forum his ability to collect, dismantle, sell and ship much needed parts to keep our beloved Mopars on the road makes him a friend to the hobby. If he makes a buck doing so then good for him, he should. I know i bought plenty of parts from guys right here on this forum that got my 64' Polara back on the road after 23 years.

Auto Transport Service
Back