• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

nicks garage

How about a link to episode. Thanks.
Here is a link to Nicks garage episode regarding the dropped valve. I am a subscriber to Nicks garage Youtube site for years and enjoy his episodes. Sure they aren't all gems but its YOUTUBE. . I have spoken with Nick many times as he makes himself accessible by phone. He has worked on Hemis for years and years. Everyone has their own way of rebuilding or tearing down engines but I find his approach to be for the weekend mechanic.

if you eat everything

you are a sucker , if you believe everything you see on you tube ....

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it you that started this thread whining about something someone did on the YouTube?
You must be talking about yourself being a sucker then?
As far as my earlier post that apparently ruffled your feathers so badly, I wasn't wrong...the FABO crowd was perfectly content to let your post there fade into the trash....I will not attempt to explain the sarcasm of my post to you.
But hey congrats for finally figuring out how to not post in all capital letters! And what's with the "if you eat everything" in that post? I guess you haven't totally figured out the internet yet...that's okay, baby steps!:p

Have you tried posting about your dissatisfaction directly on Nick's YouTube page?
Better yet...howbout a Nick vs. Bob "Hemi Tear-Down And Build-Up Challenge"....Gee I wonder who would win that one:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it you that started this thread whining about something someone did on the YouTube?
You must be talking about yourself being a sucker then?
As far as my earlier post that apparently ruffled your feathers so badly, I wasn't wrong...the FABO crowd was perfectly content to let your post there fade into the trash....I will not attempt to explain the sarcasm of my post to you.
But hey congrats for finally figuring out how to not post in all capital letters! And what's with the "if you eat everything" in that post? I guess you haven't totally figured out the internet yet...that's okay, baby steps!:p

Have you tried posting about your dissatisfaction directly on Nick's YouTube page?
Better yet...howbout a Nick vs. Bob "Hemi Tear-Down And Build-Up Challenge"....Gee I wonder who would win that one:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
he wouldnt on speed of tear down thats for sure , be tough , since I dont own one now ...
I dont watch most of the crap thats on ur tube ...
you must be a youtube believer !

Yep, I'll include myself in those that dragged him over here back when...
Lookit, Nick is flat out the real deal. He's got decades of experience, he's built a ton of not only
hemi's but all manner of 60's/70's engines (he's really good with 440's, for example) and he tries
to be entertaining for the camera, sure - but he's also a good-hearted fella.
The kind of a guy that actually will call you and try to help you sometimes - as he did with me,
more than once.

I don't question his motivations or his integrity; he's built his business from scratch, he has a good
reputation and does things his way, that's all.
As a result, I don't understand this random "attack" on Nick by this "Bob" guy and I summarily dismiss
it as gratuitous and unfounded - because I know better.
I know Nick for 45 years, we grew up together fixed cars, street raced and let me tell you he's very meticulous, always helpful and is really one of the nicest people you can ever meet. His experience is immeasurable and valuable, and his results and success are a testament to that.I also work with him and participate on his shows every 2 weeks and his intentions are to make an entertaining Chanel and to pass on his knowledge as well as educate other Muscle car enthusiasts especially Mopar guys. He has built a wonderful team around him that are very experienced and get things done in a very efficient manner, from doing full restos, to engines, to tech tips. He's there to help. All I can say he's a class act.

Thanks

not saying he`s not , just was painful waiting on him to tear down the hemi ,couldnt watch it again ,
raced one for 14 yrs ...
I know Nick for 45 years, we grew up together fixed cars, street raced and let me tell you he's very meticulous, always helpful and is really one of the nicest people you can ever meet. His experience is immeasurable and valuable, and his results and success are a testament to that.I also work with him and participate on his shows every 2 weeks and his intentions are to make an entertaining Chanel and to pass on his knowledge as well as educate other Muscle car enthusiasts especially Mopar guys. He has built a wonderful team around him that are very experienced and get things done in a very efficient manner, from doing full restos, to engines, to tech tips. He's there to help. All I can say he's a class act.

Thanks

As we say in the trades "So much valuable trade knowledge is going to leave with the old timers as they retire". I often see Nick's YT videos as him passing along his knowledge and trade secrets before he moves on into retirement. And boy am I grateful he does. Especially being a classic Mopar owner that likes to "fix it myself".

I agree with you, each time I watch one of his videos I always learn something. I have even called him at his shop and he takes the time to talk to you which I find incredible in today's Internet world. Let's hope he lives long into his 90s.

I watched his hemi teardown video and a max wedge video and I did question why he acts like he knows less than I do. However I think we have to remember to most of his audience this stuff is new and I believe he is trying to dumb it down a bit for the masses. The more knowledgeable Mopar guys don't need to watch a YT video to know how to do this stuff.

I think Nick is major kool! He has responded to quite a few comments on his channel that I’ve left. And the guy has built many Mopar engines. He even admits he learned a few things from this recent 440 tear down.

I watched his hemi teardown video and a max wedge video and I did question why he acts like he knows less than I do. However I think we have to remember to most of his audience this stuff is new and I believe he is trying to dumb it down a bit for the masses. The more knowledgeable Mopar guys don't need to watch a YT video to know how to do this stuff.
That was well put.
Could you imagine normal people watching an engine building record setting nazi?
And they're going to youtube it??? LOL

Be thankful he puts such a good effort into what he does! I enjoy listening to his videos out in the garage. I think he is genuine and knowledgeable. We are all doing the same thing some just choose a different path... my 18 year old son enjoys his videos and shares with me his questions and thoughts. Keep the passion and hobby alive!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't get me wrong....I have enjoyed watching Nick's videos.

The only trouble I have is tuning my ear into his outrageous French accent. :lol:

Weird all right greek guy french accent it's a montreal thing

He's Greek actually - but yes, given where he is, he's also fluently Quebec French.
I have a harder time trying to decipher a thick brogue or Scottish accent myself - and
yes, oftentimes a strong NZ one, too. :)
Check out mike myers " everything scottish" on SNL, or james macavoy scottish air control, hilarious when the wales controller comes on, also snl

Auto Transport Service
Back