• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NINETY-SEVEN DOLLARS FOR AN OIL FILTER!! $#@*:-/

Wix filters are made by Mann + Hummel, who makes Bosch, Purolator and other brands.

Wix filters are made by Mann + Hummel, who makes Bosch, Purolator and other brands.
Good to know. "Bob is the oil guy" says that is true, but Purolator and WIX are not made the same. To each his own, they may be comparable, I am buying WIX filters whenever possible!
WIX oil filters (and likely any WIX product) is SO much better made than others I've seen them compared to.

Last edited:
But they aren't Wix products. They are branded with the Wix name.
And you never know if they have been changed.
I saw an internet study that took a Wix filter and napa gold filter apart. The filter was for the same engine. One had a larger filter, the other had more pleats. Which was better? Who knows.
Ya gotta keep doing your research.

Ha Ha, Crazy huh?

OIP.S3tM2wQkcM-LjlmBwc2JFQHaGZ.jpeg

Thats why I tell everyone NOT to buy Diesels any more . Not the economical engine's they used to be. Expensive to maintain, stupid expensive to repair.

Auto Transport Service
Back