• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

no air shocks right?

vsj100

Local time
4:27 AM
Reaction score
Mine is a 1968 Coronet 500 440 TF727. It came with air shocks when I bought it but had no air lines. I installed new lines but I do not like the ride. Do you think it's best to go back to normal shocks? I am thinking yes.
Thanks for your input.

No air shocks, if you want it higher in the back ESPO springs will do the trick.

Mine is a 1968 Coronet 500 440 TF727. It came with air shocks when I bought it but had no air lines. I installed new lines but I do not like the ride. Do you think it's best to go back to normal shocks? I am thinking yes.
Thanks for your input.
You are better off getting the best springs for the desired ride height and ride and then quality shocks.

You are better off getting the best springs for the desired ride height and ride and then quality shocks.
Great advice. The springs are great. I'll order some stock shocks.

Good decision. If your coronet is the same as a roadrunner the cross bar on the top of the shocks is not designed to carry the weight of the car and they have been known to punch through the floor of the trunk.

Well if those shocks have no air in them... they are bottomed out and holding your *** end up.

As for the wives tale of air shocks destroying the upper mount... that mount is about the only piece of the bottom of my Bee that was saved and reused. Air shocks since 1979. Just smart enough not to run them at 100psi...

Air shocks with just a few pounds of air can transform a car. Maybe I'm getting old.

Shock mount repair I found after media blast on my 69 RR .... most likely from jacked up air shocks.

Screenshot_20230725-194718_Gallery.jpg

Air shocks were cool back in the 70's.
1000007070.jpg

20 pounds only. I'm trying to improve the ride. The height is just right.
Thanks for the help and ideas.

20240318_151939.jpg

Resized_Resized_Resized_20231222_115335_1703280133742.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back