• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No good deed...

Mike67

Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
While I was a the Pateswap meet last week I was in the golf cart going down one of the rocky RV rows and found someones wallet with close to a grand in it and no one close by. The security office was right behind me and and I was going to make a u turn and return the wallet but there was a lot of foot traffic so I decided to just make the loop. At the very end of the row I saw a guy with some crazy hair that looked a lot like the DL, I drove past and hollered his name and he responded ya?
I asked if he had lost anything and he immediately went for his pockets and started complaining to the guys with him, I guess his kids and grandkids, on how he told them they needed to carry his wallet . The road was really bumpy not to mention he was in a scooter. I asked his last name and he confirmed it and I gave him his wallet.
Anyway he thanked me several times and I drove off thinking nothing about it. A few minutes later a kid on a bike chased me down saying his grandad wanted to give me a reward, I tried to refuse it but he insisted. He gave me $20 which paid for a couple pairs of channel locks I bought.
I thought that was pretty cool!

You've always been okay in my book, so your kind deed is exactly what I would have expected from you - you're a good man!

:thumbsup: Great that you turned his possibly bad day around. Reward or not, you always feel better doing the right thing.

You will be rewarded when you least suspect it, come to think of it I saw that picture of your daughter and wife fishing and so your already rewarded but maybe a deal on some Mopar part you wanted would be nice

I've lost money before that I had saved up to splurge on myself and know the feeling you get in your gut after realizing its gone... it sucks!
Made me feel good being able to return it to the owner instead of the security office.

Nice work Mike. Often you hear bab news stories. Is good to hear a good one, and always great to know there are honest people aomonst

If only there were more of you in the world, good honest people are getting rare.

Nice deed indeed! Sadly, I've had people, if ya can call them people, steal my belongings, two items which were irreplaceable heirlooms. Still get peeved when thinking about it after many years. Folks like you make the world a better place.

If only there were more of you in the world, good honest people are getting rare.
Ha! If my wife heard you say that you would be on her hit list!
I think most on this site would do the same thing...it gives me some hope, unfortunately the bad are breeding bad faster than the good are...
I wonder if the future will be like the Mad Max movies? The good are not trusting, the bad swarm and prey on the innocent until stood up to and buried???
I appreciate everyone's comments!

I find it easier to do the right thing, well done!!

KB0J49.gif

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back