• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No kick down

Coronet67guy

Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
So I just got this 1407 from a buddy to place on my 2186 dual plane. I added the 1481 throttle adapter but still no kick down. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but honestly to me all this adapter seems to have done is move the linkage further away from the carb. I had to block off the EGR to use it. I'm about to ditch it all and go with a BPE torqueflight kit. I used one of those on a 73 Charger I used to own, but anticipated linkage issues when I changed that from a 2 barrel to a 4 barrel car. I didn't think I would have any issues here. What am I missing to make this linkage correct?

IMG_6850.jpg

go to my mopar .com and read the service manual on how to auj.

Whenever you move the linkage bracket you need to re adjust the length of the kickdown rod. 2 to 4 bbl conversions require that you lengthen the kick down rod.

View attachment 982014

Attachments

• TORQUE-FLITE-LINKAGE-ADJUSTMENT.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 90
The bracket moves it away from the carb, and lower and back a bit. It really is a good thing to have on there.

did you have kickdown Functioning before this change?

The bracket moves it away from the carb, and lower and back a bit. It really is a good thing to have on there.

did you have kickdown Functioning before this change?

Yes, worked like a charm with the 600 CFM Carter that was on the car before.

You need to check it at the transmission and see if the lever is all the way back at full throttle. If not, you may need to modify the linkage rod. 440'

Read your Factory Chassis Service Manual, transmission section on linkage adjustments.
Pages 725-727

Here's a very good video on how to do it.

Read your Factory Chassis Service Manual, transmission section on linkage adjustments.
Pages 725-727

Thanks, but don't have one. Mymopar only has them through 73. I do have a 74 parts catalog that shows some linkage illustrations. Will figure it out. Most of the pictures I've looked at seem to indicate I have everything in the right places.

Auto Transport Service
Back