• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No oil pressure post oil change (with pics). Any ideas on what happened?

Problem solved! Recommended intermediate shaft and installed shaft were different lengths. Pump primed and fired up with more pressure than it's ever had at idle. I let it get to ~110 before shutting it off as I thought the pressure was excessive (it dropped once it warmed up). Per all the comments above; I contacted Milodon about the torque specs. I was told "Spark plug tight. Snug plus 1/4 turn." Also from the above comments; after following the Milodon directions, I spun the pump by hand with a screw driver and intermediate shaft with no gear. Next I spun it with a drill and monitored oil pressure. Several over precautionary steps in between and it's happy!

51619364022_8a288d042a.jpg
Untitled by Greg Ault, on Flickr

51620196556_97becfb3fa.jpg

51620423448_0914f866a6.jpg

51620423838_88b54fcb68.jpg

51611507167_efc219d8e0.jpg

51620846454_51a04d8c1e.jpg

This highly depends on the filter used and if it has a by-pass or not. I was using a fram HP1 with bypass and everything was contaminated. Now I use a system one filter.
You will learn in time.

Problem solved! Recommended intermediate shaft and installed shaft were different lengths. Pump primed and fired up with more pressure than it's ever had at idle. I let it get to ~110 before shutting it off as I thought the pressure was excessive (it dropped once it warmed up). Per all the comments above; I contacted Milodon about the torque specs. I was told "Spark plug tight. Snug plus 1/4 turn." Also from the above comments; after following the Milodon directions, I spun the pump by hand with a screw driver and intermediate shaft with no gear. Next I spun it with a drill and monitored oil pressure. Several over precautionary steps in between and it's happy!

View attachment 1183363Untitled by Greg Ault, on Flickr

View attachment 1183364Untitled by Greg Ault, on Flickr

View attachment 1183365Untitled by Greg Ault, on Flickr

View attachment 1183366Untitled by Greg Ault, on Flickr

View attachment 1183367Untitled by Greg Ault, on Flickr

View attachment 1183368Untitled by Greg Ault, on Flickr
Most have to reinvent the wheel lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back