• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non-Ethanol mid-grade

YY1

Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
Saw something new at the Citgo station today.

The mid-grade now sports a "No Ethanol" sticker and says 90 octane (vs 89).
It's 40 cents more than the 87 (vs 10-12 cents like the 89 was).
This station also removed it's 93 octane.

Anyone else see this?

No...Sounds localized and stupid if you ask me. Gimmicky even. "Oh, yeah, its worth it....none of that nasty Ethanol crap". I wouldn't put it past stupid gov't politicans to do something like that but the word would get out pretty fast. Besides... There are a TON of cars with a minimum of 92 octane requirements sitting on showroom floors everywhere.

Citgo is state owned by Venezuela - I would not by fuel there if I ran out!!! They probably don't add ethanol just because it comes from American corn!!!

HE he he he

Citgo is state owned by Venezuela - I would not by fuel there if I ran out!!! They probably don't add ethanol just because it comes from American corn!!!

FUNNY right there tell you what you can get Venezuela oil at Mobil or your 5 and dime at the corner , as oil is refined here they use whatever ship is at the dock, they don't say that's chavez oil so lets make it Citco or valero, your gas no matter where you buy it could come from 20 different countries, thats what my neighbor Pumper Joe told me and he makes it. LMAO so folks have not a clue.:sign4:

And refiners also buy from each other if need be....from crude to nearly finished products.

Rationalize it as you want ......

In September, 1986, Southland sold a 50 percent interest in CITGO to Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A., (PDVSA), the national oil company of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela. PDVSA acquired the remaining half of CITGO in January, 1990 and the company is owned by PDV America, Inc., an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary. With a secure and ample supply of crude oil, CITGO quickly became a major force in the energy arena.

Auto Transport Service
Back