• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non Mopar but one of my old cars is coming back to me after sitting for 30 years +/-.

great to see it back in your shop. My first was a '69 Firebird. Paid $100 for it in 1980. Drove it home. OHC 6 auto. Only rust was the bottom of the quarters, and really not that much. Like to have it back.

great to see it back in your shop. My first was a '69 Firebird. Paid $100 for it in 1980. Drove it home. OHC 6 auto. Only rust was the bottom of the quarters, and really not that much. Like to have it back.
I paid $500 for mine in 1988....some assembly required. Original 400 was long gone, so I put a 455 in it. Still have it.

the moron I sold mine too wrecked it in less than a week....plowed into a phone pole while playing with the radio

I have a 69 convert with a ls. Its in the middle of a body off.

A quick revival if anyone cares......
I have been tinkering with the Nova on and off. It now has 80's Dodge Shelby bucket seats in it. Man are they comfy. I built a clone of a 72 LT1 350 Camaro engine with a couple extras. It has an Eaton True Trak 3:73 posi and a built 700R4 in it. On boxing day I picked up some rims that will suit the "30 years ago" build I am doing. I hope to fire it up just after the new year.

IMG_1627.JPG
IMG_2033.JPG
IMG_3005.JPG
IMG_3121.JPG
IMG_3188.JPG
IMG_3503.JPG
IMG_3532.JPG
IMG_3534.JPG

Looking good, the new rims suit the car! Is that the motor and tranny your friend said you could have because he was doing the LS swap?

Thank you. He had already done the swap so this was just sitting in his shop. Unfortunately, the engine ended having a few broken rings (Hard life!) so I found another and built it up. It has flat tops, Camel humps and a bit of a cam. The trans is his and I have another here ready to go should it fail.......

One of the great things about a Nova is you never see them at car shows. I would rather see an interesting Nova instead of the dozen Chevelle SS cars on display (and ignore them).

How is it still that clean after sitting outside on that terrain for decades? Sounds like a match made in heaven. Is there an LS swap in the plans? Have fun!

Thats awesome!
I know I'll get a lot of boo's for this but it's perfect for an LS swap. A bone stock one will smoke the tires all day, get 20 mpg and are in my estimation the best investment for any bowtie. You could have that car up and running for $2500+/-. There is not a SBC out there I would take over an LS. The 80k mile one we put in my FILs 67 screams and it's bone stock .

Agree on the LS. I put one in my bowtie car about 10 years ago...before it was real common and real easy to do. Still have the car and it runs low 12's at 118 or so. 6.0 (LS2) with LS3 heads and intake otherwise stock.

Looking good @gdrill I am not a Nova fan, but I would drive the wheels off that car. COOL!!
PS Please don't tell anyone that I like a Nova, my reputation is at stake.

:lol:

Very cool !! Glad to see the car come together
Thanks for sharing

Auto Transport Service
Back