• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not a typical 68 Charger

More progress. Made the pipes come together for a x pipe and added v-bands for the collectors. Still need to move the o2 sensors and add the cats.

0F1720B4-21E0-4F94-99EB-62FEE58C0D37.jpeg

Sure makes doing the exhaust easier when you can get at it from multiple angles.

Fantastic fab work! I know a lot of purists hate Mopars being cut up for pro touring or restomod builds but I feel it helps keep the hobby alive. Would I cut up a numbers matching RT or Hemi car, no but everything else is fair game. In 45 years of owning and building Mopars I have literally seen thousands of of half built, never finished projects and full restorations that are never driven. On top of that using modern platforms under classic cars nets a fantastic driver that captures the interests of the younger guys and helps sway them away from building high dollar imports or one of the belly button American brands.

I remember getting a bunch of slack for putting a SRT8 LX platform under my '68. But like I always say "Anybody can restore a car, but it takes a dream and some balls to cut up a classic" It also helped me keep a thrashed, 318 salvage title car from getting parted out.

I can't wait to see your AWD Charger hit the road!

6713.jpg
600_bb_rain_1.jpg

Fantastic fab work! I know a lot of purists hate Mopars being cut up for pro touring or restomod builds but I feel it helps keep the hobby alive. Would I cut up a numbers matching RT or Hemi car, no but everything else is fair game. In 45 years of owning and building Mopars I have literally seen thousands of of half built, never finished projects and full restorations that are never driven. On top of that using modern platforms under classic cars nets a fantastic driver that captures the interests of the younger guys and helps sway them away from building high dollar imports or one of the belly button American brands.

I remember getting a bunch of slack for putting a SRT8 LX platform under my '68. But like I always say "Anybody can restore a car, but it takes a dream and some balls to cut up a classic" It also helped me keep a thrashed, 318 salvage title car from getting parted out.

View attachment 1409491View attachment 1409492

For sure, I would not of cut it up if it was a “rare” car but it was a rusty base car. I agree with you on the side of, it’s that persons car and they can do what they want with it. Especially if it means another car on the road and another person in enjoying a classic car.
Nice looking charger.

I am enjoying your build and have to say you do some incredible work. I appreciate you taking the time to post photos as it shows what can be done to modernize these cars.

Thanks!

Some weekend progress. Now time for the harder tunnel work that I am not looking forward to.

39E5DCF0-BF9F-4DA2-BE75-F9B987ACAD63.jpeg

8AB46DF3-E380-4F15-85A3-B56A305AAF8C.jpeg

C30357A5-8D09-48C8-8AE8-3FC5B2363DF8.jpeg

Tunnel is done but not fully welded in. Waiting until all the fab is done and will pull the trans out through the inside while I can. Way easier. Working on the A/C now. Was trying to use the Jeep unit but way too big. Has this vintage air left over from another build and it is going to work. Column is in and the dash is moved back 2” to house all these items. Have just the wiper motor and dash cross bar to install.

B70C07C3-084C-48A3-B74D-04CDE356D1E0.jpeg

CA595689-E15D-4723-9FE4-67E9392D42B5.jpeg

Bad ***! Totally love seeing fab work done.

Smokin! If you are in need of large pieces of poster board type material for making patterns/templates, I've been getting them from Costco. They can be found separating the layers of TP or PT on the racks. A friend of mine works there so he got me several on a previous trip They are like 3'x4' sheets. CC just tosses them in the recycle.

IMG_2861.jpeg

I also used them for grit shields when I was working under the car as you can see. Helped keep it from getting flung all over.

View attachment 1409491View attachment 1409492
Cut up a Charger,who would do a thing like that?

8250453-DSC00666 (1).JPG

With good weather lately the car has been not as much of a priority but some progress. All the floor is done inside and just finished the wheel tubs and trunk floor. Hood hinges are next as there is less room now from modifying the inner fenders for tire clearance.

C2BC9747-7A72-4985-94D2-A100CEC13945.jpeg

FB8DF396-2B22-486E-A928-6EABD0B288CA.jpeg

83C5C2E1-8796-4A84-87DF-B6231847B367.jpeg

F51622F7-111A-44F3-9630-81B5BA1FDB27.jpeg

Been busy with work and home but made some progress. Inside and underside is bed lined, engine compartment painted and engine is in.

IMG_5630.jpeg

IMG_5649.jpeg

IMG_5707.jpeg

IMG_5712.jpeg

One of the coolest projects I have ever seen and I grew up with an old man that did all kinds of street rods and a brother that has a chassis/race shop.

Next level by far !!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back