• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*Not mine* 1973 Charger Brougham SE for sale *Not Mine*

SureGrip

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys,

First of all, I'm not putting this in the For Sale section, because it's not mine. I have no connection to the owner or the car whatsoever. If the Mods wish to move it, no problem.

I was down in Orlando Florida last week and stopped by the Old Town cruise in that they have every Sat night. In the long line of cars, I came across this car, and it was for sale.

If I had the money, it would already be sold. I spoke with the current owner, and here's what he told me.

It belonged to his Brother, who bought it new, and kept it in a garage all of its life. It has 104K original miles on it, an original Petty Blue car, with a black roof, it was repainted in
(I believe) 1998 and had a new top installed.

This car has a 318 and is damn near completely original....blue interior looks to be in fantastic shape, but the carpet color is slightly off (looked like a light blue/grey color to me), but the seats, dash, console, everything looks great! It is a Slap Stick car, and Rally dash, with a factory tach (odd on a 318 car). The dash only has a few slight cracks in it, the seats show signs of original wear, but are near perfect. It has power windows too.

The car is very, very clean...it was a bit dark, but I couldn't find any rust anywhere...the underside was a clean as the topside.

It has stock steel wheels which look like they may have been repainted black, but he says he has the original wheel covers (spoked) for it.

Anyhow, if anyone is down near the area, or just in the market for a super clean, original car, go check this out.

Sorry for the crappy picture. I wish I could swing the cash...there's no way to put a car on the road in this condition for this price....I hope this leads to someone getting a Hell of a deal. BTW, that $14,800 wasn't originally on there...when I first saw it, I could swear it was $13,000 OBO

IMG_20150221_192543.jpg

IMG_20150221_192558.jpg

13 ugh I mean 14.8 for a run of the mill 318 73 charger se ? I suspect a full crack pipe and barret Jackson reruns are the culprits.

13 ugh I mean 14.8 for a run of the mill 318 73 charger se ? I suspect a full crack pipe and barret Jackson reruns are the culprits.

I would hardly call this car 'run of the mill'...were it not for the repaint and top, it would be a survivor. I've seen people spend twice that to make a driver-quality car with Pep-Boy parts throughout...this is all original.

But to each his own...maybe everyone will feel this way and I'll have a chance to buy in next year.

I have to agree with SureGrip. 318 or not, NO RUST is worth a lot in my mind. I have seen folks spend near $30,000 on paint and body work and if this is clean as it seems to be, swapping a BB would be nothing compared to the cost of a restore. IF you are like me and can't do body work, it's a pay me now, or pay me later scenario.
Then on the other hand, why do folks see "318" and immediately go "ugh!"
They were good strong engines. And if you absolutely, positively have to get the car on and off the trailer in record time, they can be modified to do so as well. Just my 2 cents.

14 eight or best offer. So you know right off the bat the guy would take 13. If this is the car you wanted 13-14 would be a great buy. Its a almost a entirely original car and right back to the original owner!

Yeah, it's a 318 car, but like others said, you look at the whole package, it's great driver right out of the box.

You could swap in a BB (keeping the original engine/trans in storage) and enjoy it that way if that is your thing.

I didn't take more pictures because I honestly had plans of buying it. I sat in the car, it was like sitting in a car back in 1975. The doors close just like butter....a solid *thunk*, no slop.

I haven't seen it posted for sale anywhere on-line, so I don't know if he has it up for sale other than putting that sign in it at the cruise-in.

That is very much a run of the mill charger. Let's see, small block 318, small brakes , single exhaust, small rear end with 2:71 gears, bench seat column shift . if it wasn't for the se trim package, it would be a base charger. There isn't one ounce of performance anything. Its prices like this that ruin the hobby. That is a 7500 dollar car at the very best. It sucks but that's the way it is. Its not a desirable year. That must mean my 74 440 SE , original paint, no rust is worth 30k compared to that. That's been repainted, god only knows what's underneath it. Any one that would pay 14,000 for that either has money to blow or is just as high as the price

No offense meant or intended

High end retail for a restored 318 base engine with auto & with A/C, SE
is like $16k on the outside of a perfect example-$24k max {that's pie in the sky #'s for a base equip.}
for the right *** for that specific seat, depend if someone fell in love with it...

depends on what someone is willing to actually spend, it's not reality thou

the middle of the road retail is like $10k for a driver quality {like that car maybe}

base driver 20 footer needing, usable but restoration needed
retail is like $4,300 according to NADA guide

Even a 440 4sp & a/c is worth maybe $24k retail, not a private party sale,
but off a car lot maybe auction settings, where 2 people out bid each other
for a 73 SE even a Brougham edition,
not that they're bad cars at all, that's not what I'm saying
they just don't bring the higher levels of resale...

I'd say that's a middle of the road car,
painted over a Petty Blue has to hurt the value too
not even the $10k level, with over 100k miles 150hp 318ci auto

but that's just my opinion, it appears to be a decent solid car

But not actually know the car, I'd personally also say, it's high priced for what it is
to each their own,
there's an *** for every seat,
it worth what somebodies willing to pay...

Now; If it was a Calif. Car
& never left out in the snow, let alone driven in snow for years, back east,
&/or garaged always in bad eastern weather, it maybe worth allot more,
but unfortunately it's not

not trying to be a buzz kill or jerk at all...

I'd like to build a 71 R/T Charger/Super Bee 440ci 4sp someday,
only when I have enough extra money to spend again,
but I don't buy or build for resale value either,
I build my cars to my specific tastes, I could care less if they are worth what I've spent...
I like a select few of the 3rd gen's styling myself...

just spending a bunch of $$$ on a build,
doesn't "always mean" that it's going to be worth a bunch of $$$ either,
I know a bunch of people who've spent $50k restorations
on a base 68-69 RR or 68-69 Charger
And that doesn't necessarily "always mean" it worth it either...
But merely just a better chance of getting it back out at sale time...
It's a fickled/strange market when it comes to collector cars,
sometimes no rime or reasoning

Gen 3's they're still reasonably priced & stylish cars to get into,
much like the 1st gen Chargers 66-67, they don't bring big $$$, I'm sorry to say
{especially for Chargers, nothing like the 2nd gen. prices}

Yup
I see the market has "Left these cars behind" and I can not figure out why?

I'd LOVE to have a nicely optioned 72 Charger SE like I had back in 1983.

And, the 71 Superbee OR a 71 GTX?
Heck yeah!

No offense meant or intended

High end retail for a restored 318 base engine with auto & with A/C, SE
is like $16k on the outside of a perfect example-$24k max {that's pie in the sky #'s for a base equip.}
for the right *** for that specific seat, depend if someone fell in love with it...

depends on what someone is willing to actually spend, it's not reality thou

the middle of the road retail is like $10k for a driver quality {like that car maybe}

base driver 20 footer needing, usable but restoration needed
retail is like $4,300 according to NADA guide

Even a 440 4sp & a/c is worth maybe $24k retail, not a private party sale,
but off a car lot maybe auction settings, where 2 people out bid each other
for a 73 SE even a Brougham edition,
not that they're bad cars at all, that's not what I'm saying
they just don't bring the higher levels of resale...

I'd say that's a middle of the road car,
painted over a Petty Blue has to hurt the value too
not even the $10k level, with over 100k miles 150hp 318ci auto

but that's just my opinion, it appears to be a decent solid car

But not actually know the car, I'd personally also say, it's high priced for what it is
to each their own,
there's an *** for every seat,
it worth what somebodies willing to pay...

Now; If it was a Calif. Car
& never left out in the snow, let alone driven in snow for years, back east,
&/or garaged always in bad eastern weather, it maybe worth allot more,
but unfortunately it's not

not trying to be a buzz kill or jerk at all...

I'd like to build a 71 R/T Charger/Super Bee 440ci 4sp someday,
only when I have enough extra money to spend again,
but I don't buy or build for resale value either,
I build my cars to my specific tastes, I could care less if they are worth what I've spent...
I like a select few of the 3rd gen's styling myself...

just spending a bunch of $$$ on a build,
doesn't "always mean" that it's going to be worth a bunch of $$$ either,
I know a bunch of people who've spent $50k restorations
on a base 68-69 RR or 68-69 Charger
And that doesn't necessarily "always mean" it worth it either...
But merely just a better chance of getting it back out at sale time...
It's a fickled/strange market when it comes to collector cars,
sometimes no rime or reasoning

Gen 3's they're still reasonably priced & stylish cars to get into,
much like the 1st gen Chargers 66-67, they don't bring big $$$, I'm sorry to say
{especially for Chargers, nothing like the 2nd gen. prices}

I agree 100%, but a couple of notable corrections.

It has been in central Florida all its life, so that takes weather out of the equation (aside from Sun damage), and it was repainted Petty Blue as original (doesn't look it in the picture, I know).

I too think the $14K price tag is a bit high, but if you could get it at $10-12K, it's a steal. It's well-optioned, and well maintained...Hell, there's some poor guy on this board trying to save a base 73/74 charger that has more rotted metal than good, for what he is going to spend in metal work, he could have a complete car. :)

I have no stake in this at all, just thought I would throw it out there if someone was looking for a clean original.

Well, it does have p/w and a/c- both nice in FL.

...and isn't a buckets and slapstick?

Be nice to know what the original color was (fender tag).

FL cars get salt rain, and vinyl tops catch and hold it.
(just sayin').

If the OP is in the market for a somewhat more desirable and more affordable car of the same body style...

There's a guy on the other side of FL selling a 73 P code 400-4 SE with Aztec buckets and slapstick, a/c, p/w and cruise.
Solid car needing very, very minor body work and paint. Was asking $6500 last I saw him.

Rule number one when looking up a car's value is unless you're looking at a car at a dealership, do not use Retail values. Retail values are based on rolling in a dealer's overhead costs and assumes the vehicle will be financed. If a person is selling it, you need to use the Private sale numbers, which usually about 25% less than Retail prices.

Rule number two is no matter how good a car looks, unless it's a fully-restored, flawless-resto car, it doesn't rate an Excellent condition. Most drivers rate at good to poor. There's always defects that owners stopped seeing years before but a new owner sees right away, and these reduce the value of the car.

This is a repainted, 318, 1973 Charger. The pool of buyers looking for this car is pretty damn small, especially these days. I've seen 73/74 Chargers selling in the $3,000-$5,000 range, which is where I would put this car. Top end would be $7,500.

Well, it does have p/w and a/c- both nice in FL.

...and isn't a buckets and slapstick?

Be nice to know what the original color was (fender tag).

FL cars get salt rain, and vinyl tops catch and hold it.
(just sayin').

If the OP is in the market for a somewhat more desirable and more affordable car of the same body style...

There's a guy on the other side of FL selling a 73 P code 400-4 SE with Aztec buckets and slapstick, a/c, p/w and cruise.
Solid car needing very, very minor body work and paint. Was asking $6500 last I saw him.

It has bucket seats, console, Slap Stick (non-broken handle), Rally dash (with tach),

And as much as I would love to have another 73/74 RR with a 400, I just can't do it. :) I was only interested in this one because it was in front of me.

Not even a nearly rust free big block 4 barrel car for less than half the price :)

There was a 74 Charger SE, black/black with a 400, that had all been redone and just needed to have the front end reassembled. Asking price was $1,500. First time I seriously thought about buying a Charger.

Hi guys,

First of all, I'm not putting this in the For Sale section, because it's not mine. I have no connection to the owner or the car whatsoever. If the Mods wish to move it, no problem..................

No problem here...this is exactly where the Craigslist and eeeBay adverts should be posted - Well done! and thanks. :headbang:

Last edited:
You guys may be more on track than I thought.

I was cruising Craigslist and found a 73 2-door Satellite, 20k miles, 318, mint, for $5,800 about an hour from me. LOL

00Q0Q_kJuQOY25JQ9_600x450.jpg

Who knew? :)

Guys you can shoot the messenger on this if you want but that is a real good number on that car 318 or not , I've been around these my hole mopar career for some reason the s.e. cars people want I don't like them myself but when you build and sell you do what people want , I sell cars like that for around 15k I'm not a dealer not everyone wants a super bad *** 440 car ,my wife has a 74 s.e.
Sunroof car it's loaded but only has the little 318 but that's all she needs some people just want the look of a cool old car like this , and it is by no means a base model it looks to have a lot of options there just not go fast goodies , this isn't mine nor do I know the car just figured I'd pipe in ,
If anyone is interested in this car looks like it's only 40 mins away from me I can go look it over just pm me ,
All you guys know muscle cars died in 72 this is not a muscle car but a very cool looking luxury car these cars ride very nice and if you so desired a 440 could be put in it easily and you'll have best of both world's.
And I'll add my first car was a 74 charger a true base model not one option in the thing and I had so much fun with it it was sold I bought it back years later had more fun and sold it agen someone restored it nicely and it sold agen for 14 k so there worth some money done up guys it's just for the guy who likes them ,
You all may think I'm crazy but I had a bb 4 speed 70 charger and I didn't like it I swapped it for a restored 72 I think it was a much better looking car so to each his own guys .
Sorry if I upset anyone but there worth money it's not a duster ,nova or a mustang couple those are base entry cars not a charger then and now

Auto Transport Service
Back