• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

not mine -67 GTX 440 in SC FB

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:52 AM
Reaction score
1703972602616.jpeg

1967 plymouth GTX 440​

$17,500

Listed 3 days ago in North Augusta, SC

Details​

• Condition
    Used - Good
1967 GTX 440. Needs to be restored. Everything is there. I haven't tried to get it running yet. Has 4 new tires on it. Needs interior restored and needs some metal work. True GTX also have the original bill of sale from 1968 when it was bought in aiken the same day the original owner traded it in. This is a unrestored car! Just found the original build sheet in the back seat. Located in Beech Island sc 29842

Nice and complete but crusty, wonder what the under side looks like. Not going to sell at that price.

I bet not to bad. My 70 charger sat outside here since 2006 and is alot more solid then the chargers Ive seen for sale.

is Beech Island in the salt air?

67s seem to poppoing out of the woodwork

That chrome trim looks all pitted and pimply. I'll bet the rest of the car hides a horror story too.

is Beech Island in the salt air?
I dont think so
1703973930052.png

Beech Island is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Aiken County, South Carolina, United States. It was first listed as a CDP in the 2020 census with a population of 1,421. Wikipedia
Weather: 51°F (11°C), Wind W at 11 mph (18 km/h), 45% Humidity Weather data
ZIP code: 29842
Population: 7,675 (2010)
Area codes: 803, 839

It is just over the Georgia border , a long way from any possible salt air. Most of the ground around there is sandy. I was in nearby Aiken 7-8 years ago. I like the area.

Unfortunately, it'll cost far more to restore that car than it's worth, even if you got it for free.

Are you kidding, the factory tach is worth the asking price.

Realistically-

It shows the more severe side of 66/67 rust out patterns above the rear wheels and the floorboards.

Likely candidate for transmission crossmember rust out, and even torsion bar and/or front frame rail rust out.

Look CLOSE and in person if considering.

Having a vinyl top in an area where salt rain is possible, it's also a likely candidate for C pillar rust out.

something to be said for a complete car....... AMD now makes the quarters and related....... I'd drag it home for the right price and be happily under water........ if it wasn't red

Are you kidding, the factory tach is worth the asking price.

Realistically-

It shows the more severe side of 66/67 rust out patterns above the rear wheels and the floorboards.

Likely candidate for transmission crossmember rust out, and even torsion bar and/or front frame rail rust out.

Look CLOSE and in person if considering.

Having a vinyl top in an area where salt rain is possible, it's also a likely candidate for C pillar rust out.
How far inland can salt rain occur? North Augusta, S.C. is roughly 150 miles inland.

How far inland can salt rain occur? North Augusta, S.C. is roughly 150 miles inland.

All of Florida is subject to it.

My point was- the entire state is close enough.

So, however wide 1/2 of FL is.....applied to the distance to the GA coast.

150 miles is not out of the question.

Auto Transport Service
Back