• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 GTX vert for sale (not mine)

Detective D

Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
Thought maybe someone here might like this:

1967 Plymouth gtx

I have no idea if the price is fair. I thought it had some good stuff going for it, drag pack, plus drop tops are pretty dang rare for 67. Didn't look all too terrible to me for body, seen worse anyway, especially with a ratty top on it to let weather in.

Man, that thing's rough. Even if you got it for free, you'd be under water by the time it was done.

1686783576895.png

Man, that thing's rough. Even if you got it for free, you'd be under water by the time it was done.
So that's rough, but then this is "normal"? I mean price wise.
1969 Dodge Charger · skellleton , shell

The last few weeks in this forum I have seen a dozen+ posts defending the pricepoints of 69 Chargers like the one above, so when I see stuff like the price on this GTX I just shrug.
My understanding is there were only something like 700 convertibles made in 67. I don't think anyone is really thinking they will make a car like this GTX an investment, it's just there aren't a lot of them around. A quick google and I only saw 2 for sale in the whole country, a 125k fancy restore job and a 60k lipstick pig restore job.
I still don't know about the price. I would agree out of pure principle the price is too high, and the guy with the Charger is on drugs, but then people and money nowdays is a lot different then it was when I was younger. I have no hat in the ring either way anything older then 72 is out of my price range regardless, too many investors with climate controlled warehouses for me to compete in that segment. I just saw this and thought it was dang rare and still had it's matching drivetrain. It randomly showed up on facebook market while I was looking on my lunch break.
I can honestly say I don't recall ever seeing a 67 drop top GTX in person.

19.k ?
Not likely.

Was a much better car on here last year and a better color combo and it took a while to sell at $12k

Rare doesn't necessarily translate to valuable. Seller of my current GTX made that pitch when we were negotiating, and I agreed the car is unique in many respects. My counter point was that to the market it's a very nice 440 automatic, nothing more. We finally agreed on a price in line with that assessment.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back