• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

nother"what wheels fit" question

welll..... after seeing too many pairs of wheels with no mates for $450/pair (used), and 1 too many 140 mile road trips " CL wild goose chases" for wheels that weren't as described-- whether they only showed the "best" wheel they had/ and the rest were junk, or were mismatched sizes (which I wasn't told about) I did decide to break down and buy new ones... I wasn't wanting to..... this car is far from pristine, but I wanted better than what I was seeing pop up..... (the lack of car shows/swaps lately, didn't help those matters) plus, the "only a couple thousand miles a year" thing... and a few other reasons....
but I ended up getting a set of US Wheel "Cragar lookalike" in 15x7s.... then after, I was wondering if I should have gotten a different color/texture..... like the argent "rough spoke" (for lack of a better way to describe) maybe... but anyway I think it's decided...https://www.bing.com/th?id=OP.8s80v....1&bw=0&bc=FFFFFF&w=136&h=136&qlt=100&dpr=1.1
Im no good at posting pix and other computer stuff.... hope it shows up/ US Wheel 462-5212
and I went with all 15x7, not staggered like I originally wanted to.

Looks nice.

Screenshot_20210427-222800~2.png

like I've said, somewhere here on FBBO, I ain't the greatest with computers, pictures, etc... I will try and get a pic of my car up here in the next few days. that's only part of why I like older cars, mechanical things vs electronic, etc....

That's what I was going for, a look that someone would have done to their car when it was a couple of years old...... Also have new rear leafs coming so it sits like it should again.
Now to decide what size tires to run.... All new wheels are 15x7, was gonna go staggered width but decided against it. Thinking 225/70 all around, would staggered width tires (same 225s on front but maybe something like 255/60 on the back work with a 7" wheel? Still figuring out which tires to run... Whatever I get will dry rot before they wear out as I don't put many miles on this car.
I also have some goodies here for under the hood too....cam, 4 bbl, etc.

I ran 225/70/15 on my first set of 15x7 Keystones when I was in high school. The look was good and I had no issues with rubbing, with the abuse that teenaged kids can do to cars. On my last set I went with 15x7 with 235/60/15s in the front and 15x8 with 275/60/15s in the rear, as I wanted 275s in the back. Looking back, I would do things a little different. On the Cordoba it came stock with G78s which equates to a 215/75/15 or 28" OD. I would stay close to that OD, as the 235s are only 26" OD and look way to small in the wheel well and the 275s are a tad too wide, as they rub a little on the outside of the tire over any bump.

In the end it is what you want as you are the one forking out the money.

Auto Transport Service
Back