• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Novel Coronavirus Situation Currently (facts, not hype)

TP on teepee.jpg

I always thought it was two seconds??
Chuckled out load, so it worked.

Ok I have been out of the loop for a few days. Why are people hoarding toilet paper?

There was a story on the local news here about toilet paper. No answer as to why, but they named the 2 stores in the Tulsa area that have a large supply of it. Ludicrous

Anybody on here watch Ave on you tube? Here's his take on the situation.

The run on toilet paper made it Wagoner OK today. I had to buy some just because everyone else is. I don't get it. There are two confirmed cases in Tulsa 40 miles away. There is a paper mill about 20 miles north of here and another one about 20 miles south of here but whether that will do me any good I don't know.
I'd like to know how long this toilet paper hoarding is going to last.

If people were fully isolated for 14 days, wouldn't that mean that whoever WAS infected would come down with it?
Then...
Wouldn't you just treat them and let everyone else go about their lives?

I guess buying toilet paper makes people feel like they are doing something proactive.
I did get an upper respiratory sickness last weekend. The week before that a guy I work with went to Tulsa to The Gathering Place. It's some sort of park on the Arkansas river. He said there were thousands of people there. Towards the end of the week he was sick, but maintained it was allergies. Over the weekend I got sick. I had a lot of drainage, some fever, muscle soreness, and a little bit of upset stomach. Came back to work and the other guy I work with had had the same thing.
It lasted about three days.
Covid-19?

I guess buying toilet paper makes people feel like they are doing something proactive.
I did get an upper respiratory sickness last weekend. The week before that a guy I work with went to Tulsa to The Gathering Place. It's some sort of park on the Arkansas river. He said there were thousands of people there. Towards the end of the week he was sick, but maintained it was allergies. Over the weekend I got sick. I had a lot of drainage, some fever, muscle soreness, and a little bit of upset stomach. Came back to work and the other guy I work with had had the same thing.
It lasted about three days.
Covid-19?
Doesn’t sound like it. No dry cough, sore throat? Everything that is a malady seems like it could be.... it isn’t

Just heard on the radio Tulsa has one case of confirmed Corona virus who has just recovered from it. One case. Three in all of Oklahoma.
I wish people would stop hoarding toilet paper.

Invest whIle you can.... it’s like gold in less trying times

Totals this morning:
145,374 confirmed cases worldwide
(Highest: China - 81,000; Italy - 17,660; Iran - 11,364)
2,174 confirmed cases in the USA (+574 from yesterday)

71,694 confirmed recovered worldwide to date

5,429 confirmed deaths worldwide
47 confirmed deaths in the USA (+6 from yesterday)

Auto Transport Service
Back