• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now THIS is a house

Shouse! (shed and house.) Pretty popular around here. That would work for me. My wife? Probably not. They can be pretty nice inside though. The inside shot is from a "barndominum" site.

View attachment 1255467

View attachment 1255469
I recently was told about these types of buildings. With the high cost of building a house this must be a cheaper alternative. But heating and cooling would be a bitch.

One MAJOR questions (note: I'm in NEW JERSEY) WHAT ARE THE PROPERTY TAXES????? Would say $1200-2200 PER MONTH!!! And that would be in Salem, Gloucester, Cumberland or Atlantic counties, 4 of the CHEAPEST counties in ALL of NJ.

Barndominiums are a fad that will pass. Nobody will want a big shop to live in with all their EVs?

One MAJOR questions (note: I'm in NEW JERSEY) WHAT ARE THE PROPERTY TAXES????? Would say $1200-2200 PER MONTH!!! And that would be in Salem, Gloucester, Cumberland or Atlantic counties, 4 of the CHEAPEST counties in ALL of NJ.
Property tax can be a bit complicated. You would have to check with your county. I would imagine the square feet of living space would be at a different rate than the storage side. Square footage and assessed value come into play. It's a possibility.

County prop taxes are nothing, its TOWNSHIP/CITY/LOCAL that hammers us.

Fords had issue years ago, catching fire underhood: several townhouses total loss: garage & living area due to being parked in garage

property taxes are insane , unless you plan on building on a farm or ranch . here in calif . just a 1.2 m dollar house is about 15k a year in the city .

property taxes are insane , unless you plan on building on a farm or ranch . here in calif . just a 1.2 m dollar house is about 15k a year in the city .

THATS CHEAP PROP TAX considering Cali is as bad as Jersey !! $400K houses on 80x120 lot/3200 sq ft run that here easily

mine are just over 7K......I heard newer homes close to me are 10ishK

ANY WAY, the original post's house would be fine for me DOWN South or out in midwest, away from tornado alley; mountains of TN WV, western Virg would be ok, but hate snow! :lol:

ANY WAY, the original post's house would be fine for me DOWN South or out in midwest, away from tornado alley; mountains of TN WV, western Virg would be ok, but hate snow! :lol:

wouldn't work for me.....that upstairs living space would smell like a toxic landfill

mine are just over 7K......I heard newer homes close to me are 10ishK
Yours is average Mark. Same house in development in Washington & Gloucester Twps EASY $12-14k/year, extra tax for REBEL's toxic gas discharges!! :lol:

over 7K per year, mostly to educate (babysit) a school full of hood rats who graduate (sometimes) with a 3rd grade reading level

@joe m : Forgot about southern DE!! Taxes there not to shabby!! My barber retired in S DE, with his 62 (?) T-Bird.

calif is just to costly it seems . but we do have the greats weather . right now i'm sitting on two undeveloped lots and my shop with a rental house on it , paying around 4k a year . only because my pop put them in a trust for my sister and myself years ago . but if i develop either dirt lot , the taxes will be outrages . and yes i'm looking ease where to live out my days . and gas just hit 6 bucks plus a gallon here .

Auto Transport Service
Back