• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now THIS is a house

@joe m : Forgot about southern DE!! Taxes there not to shabby!! My barber retired in S DE, with his 62 (?) T-Bird.
Yeah but everyone is moving there so it’s getting really crowded. My grandparents have over an acre outside of Dover ,taxes are 700 a year

@POMONAMISSEL :1 bedroom little prefab ranch house (not a mobile home!!) may work. Crawl space or basement determined by needs & costs for building it AND tax differences MAY be an idea.

Yeah but everyone is moving there so it’s getting really crowded. My grandparents have over an acre outside of Dover ,taxes are 700 a year

CHEAP!! Pay that a MONTH!!! Yes S DE growing, all those damn NJ transplants. :lol: Milford, Harrington areas would be idea for me, as long as they remain "farm country" like my area WAS until late 70s.

1 bedroom little prefab ranch house (not a mobile home!!) may work. Crawl space or basement determined by needs & costs for building it AND tax differences MAY be an idea.
If you look around Georgetown there’s some nice spots. I’m in north Wilmington 4 bedroom 3 bath house on a 1/4 acre my taxes are2300 a year.

CHEAP!! Pay that a MONTH!!! Yes S DE growing, all those damn NJ transplants. :lol: Milford, Harrington areas would be idea for me, as long as they remain "farm country" like my area WAS until late 70s.
Don’t forget the New Yorkers.

YOU HAD TO GO WITH THE NYers!!! YOUR THE DEVIL!! Glad I'm outside Philly (Cherry Hill NJ area) instead of "upstate" :D
I’m a contractor and a lot of the house I work on are people from New York. Especially the Middletown area.

I’m a contractor and a lot of the house I work on are people from New York. Especially the Middletown area.

Feel sorry for ya!! BUT HEY, they gots the $$$ & do make you a living, sssoooo....
Build that garage/house down around US 13 Speedway (Delmar DE?) would be nice!! Do miss seeing modifieds & Sprints on dirt & catch a few drag races.

Feel sorry for ya!! BUT HEY, they gots the $$$ & do make you a living, sssoooo....
Build that garage/house down around US 13 Speedway (Delmar DE?) would be nice!! Do miss seeing modifieds & Sprints on dirt & catch a few drag races.
They race midgets in new castle. Georgetown has a dirt track they still race on. Also home to performance injection equipment he does mostly Moparparts stuff
D63CC674-4F2E-479A-98A5-9AF8F66E485B.jpeg
90EB6934-01DF-455A-AD98-F1C5830FE936.jpeg

Keep those coming guys. Or if you know of anyone that has/plans/prices or any other pertinent info. I'm not far away from doing something like this but having multiple apartments.

Never did care for my shop and the place I sleep being in the same building. Seen too many car fires that burned down the whole mess. Heck, I've even once had a fire under the carport that's attached to the back of my shop that I thought was going to be the demise of my shop but luckily I got it put out without any damage to speak of. Even the car that was being worked on only had some smoke damage. A buddy of mine lost his garage due to a car fire. Lost a couple of nice cars plus the garage was nearly a total loss. His garage was detached but close enough to the house to cause some scorching but the fire department was able to keep that in check....and was there pretty fast for a volunteer unit.

A sad state of affairs in America when property taxes can run you out of your home, especially after you age and retire..... I guess someone has to pay for the takers......

A sad state of affairs in America when property taxes can run you out of your home, especially after you age and retire..... I guess someone has to pay for the takers......
When I turned 65, my taxes were reduced by nearly half.....but you have to apply for it because they sure don't tell ya about it! Was 66 before finding out about it. The water bill was the same way.

When I turned 65, my taxes were reduced by nearly half.....but you have to apply for it because they sure don't tell ya about it! Was 66 before finding out about it. The water bill was the same way.

NJ Seniors discount & tax "freeze" based on income, so DON'T SACRAFICE during your working years, extra hours at work to get more soc security & save for retirement years and you will get benefits.
Some people are a few thousand OVER limit & THEY want it.

Auto Transport Service
Back