• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nss / max wedge rules

BATCORONET

Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
Would a 65 dodge coronet . Altered w/ straight axle . Wedge with fac. X ram .and correct tires etc. Etc. Be permitted 2 run nss & or max wedge [ if it ever starts up again ] any input ? Thanx4urtime . And thank you vets of the greatest nation . For ur sacrifice and or freedom

Would a 65 dodge coronet . Altered w/ straight axle . Wedge with fac. X ram .and correct tires etc. Etc. Be permitted 2 run nss & or max wedge [ if it ever starts up again ] any input ? Thanx4urtime . And thank you vets of the greatest nation . For ur sacrifice and or freedom

To run NSS ,you need to have a factory front end and suspension.

- - - Updated - - -

Disregard the suspension reply. I cant edit my posts, anymore

Is fx 10.0 et & faster ? Or is it faster than 10.0 et [ busted in2 .25 brackets ] so an altered wheel base 65 dodge would be allowed 2 run what class ? Pro ? .. That would b a wast of a build

AFX is a class than runs faster than 10.0
It doesn't mean you can run an altered frontend with a straight axle.

Thanx 4 ur input . Mabe i need 2 look into a gasser or a match race deal . If there is such . Now i know how thornton, hoover & the boys felt in 65 . When walley said . . No way . Thanx again

Thanx 4 ur input . Mabe i need 2 look into a gasser or a match race deal . If there is such . Now i know how thornton, hoover & the boys felt in 65 . When walley said . . No way . Thanx again

I think you could race in a modified class or like you said, a gasser type association or match race.
There is an association called East Coast Gassers in our area. Beaver Springs has a nostalgia race that we all go to every year in july that you would love.

Attachments

• beaver springs 2014 hemi wheels up from behind.jpg
    beaver springs 2014 hemi wheels up from behind.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 251
It can depend on who's NSS race you run in. I know Dave Collett put together an NSS race last year and this year. He has not ran alot of races but I raced in his NSS race last year and a few weeks ago at MIR this year. He plans to do alot more from what I heard and he lets alt wheelbase cars run in his race. If you click this link and look at the very last three pics you wil see a 65 Dodge alt wheelbase car with a straight front axle and he lets him and a few other alt wheelbase cars run in his races. The white 65 Coronet that has Hemi on the door ended up winning the race. Look at the last pic and you will see it spilling gas out the back on his launch. Dave lets more cars run in his race then most NSS racers do. I believe your car would fit fine in his race. I believe he plans to run a few races again next year. He races alot with the 422 NSS guys and I dont think they will let you run in there race as I dont think it fits there rules but I could be wrong. But I know you could race in Dave Colletts class and if you are interseted in finding out for sure I can check with him and find out how many races he plans to run next year. The bottom 2 rows of cars from IMG 7338 and up all ran in Dave Collettes NSS race. Ron

http://ecdnonline.com/MoparMIR2014/moparclassicmir2014.html

- - - Updated - - -

Click this link as it has the results of that race as the white alt wheelbase 65 Coronet runs 10.50's. Dave even let a kinda tube frame 70 Dart with the areo scoop run but he told the owner the scoop has to go and they plan to run the 68 Hemi Dart/Cuda scoop. Ron

http://www.mirdrag.com/v2/results/2...TOCK_OPEN_Elimination_Results_2014-10-25.html

There is NO CLASS for your car with those modifications in NSS. Sorry

Not true.NMCA allows straight axle in the F/X classes, (9.75 and quicker). Clay Kossuths car has run.
3.4 SUSPENSION

FRONT SUSPENSION (NSS classes): Stock front suspension required. Aftermarket direct replacement suspension components including tubular A-arms permitted.

FRONT SUSPENSION (F/X classes): Era-correct front suspension (example; straight front axle) permitted. Aftermarket direct replacement suspension components including tubular A-arms permitted.

Attachments

• clays awb.jpg
    clays awb.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 252
Thanx . 4 ur input . . The 422 allstars nss . Have a awb class 10.50 and faster. Mabe i can run a race here&there without run'n all cross country, i just dont want 2 b in a 200 car field with a car that's put 2gether for a nss class . The deal at the springs , the p.i.d. At pitts. R in may range., mabe i can fit in2 whatever bob george puts 2gether. What part of the world does dave collett put his races up ?

Dave is in Md and he has run his races at Cecil County dragway and Maryland International Raceway both in Md so far. He goes by his own rules as he is not to tuff with his rules and lets some cars run that cant run in other NSS clubs. He has nice 64 Plymouth Hemi car and he just bought a real SS/AH car. At his last race he let the first 24 cars signed up get in the track for free and if you made the first round call he gave you $100 dollars. It cost me $50 dollars to run his race but I got in for free and got the $100 dollars for making the first round. Did not matter if you won or lost the first round he still gave you the money. So I made $50 dollars just to run the first round at the race. I will dig up a pic of his car and you can call him as he owns Collette's towing and trucking company here in Md as it right near Cecil County Md. My brother knows him real good. He had his 64 for sale as he also had a 68 Cuda bracket car and he sold that Cuda and bought the SS/AH Cuda so he may be keeping the 64 now. His 64 was on "Cars On Line" for sale and I believe its still on there but I think he plans to keep the 64 now. Ron

- - - Updated - - -

Here is Dave's nice 64 Hemi car. I can get his phone # from my brother tomorrow for you if you like. My brother Gary Nies knows him real good as he races with him alot. Just let me know if you want his phone # if you want to talk right to Dave. Ron

410365424.gif

This is from NMCA NSS rule book. FX Class allows any period correct wheelbase altercation. However the front suspension doesn't say anything about allowing straight axles. I would say call NMCA to see what they say. I know that 422 Motorsports allows AWB cars to run NSS... at least at the Beaver Springs race they do.

3.4 SUSPENSION

FRONT SUSPENSION: Stock front suspension required. Aftermarket direct replacement
suspension components including A-arms permitted. Aftermarket, direct replacement bolt
in, tubular A-arms permitted.

REAR SUSPENSION: Rear suspension of ladder bar, three/four link, or stock rear
suspensions permitted.

4.12 WHEELBASE

WHEELBASE (NSS CLASSES): Must retain stock wheelbase with a maximum
variation from left to right and front to back of 1 inch. Stock overhangs are required.
WHEELBASE (FX Classes): Any period-style alteration of wheelbase and overhang is
allowed.

AAAA\FX 8.50

AAA/FX 8.75

AA/FX 9.00

A/FX 9.25

B/FX 9.50

C/FX 9.75

This is from NMCA NSS rule book. FX Class allows any period correct wheelbase altercation. However the front suspension doesn't say anything about allowing straight axles. I would say call NMCA to see what they say. I know that 422 Motorsports allows AWB cars to run NSS... at least at the Beaver Springs race they do.

3.4 SUSPENSION

FRONT SUSPENSION: Stock front suspension required. Aftermarket direct replacement
suspension components including A-arms permitted. Aftermarket, direct replacement bolt
in, tubular A-arms permitted.

REAR SUSPENSION: Rear suspension of ladder bar, three/four link, or stock rear
suspensions permitted.

4.12 WHEELBASE

WHEELBASE (NSS CLASSES): Must retain stock wheelbase with a maximum
variation from left to right and front to back of 1 inch. Stock overhangs are required.
WHEELBASE (FX Classes): Any period-style alteration of wheelbase and overhang is
allowed.

AAAA\FX 8.50

AAA/FX 8.75

AA/FX 9.00

A/FX 9.25

B/FX 9.50

C/FX 9.75
Notice the decal on Clays windshield. Required to run in NMCA. Thats also a NMCA#
Doug

I ment to tell you that Dave and my brother also race at alot of the 422 club NSS races. I know they dont let you use a trans brake and thats one thing Dave does let his races do is you can use a trans brake but no other electronics. I know he has a trans brake in his 64 but he cant use it at the 422 races and he likes to use it since the car leaves much better on it. So thats one reason he alows trans brakes to be used in his races. But most cars are just foot brake cars like my brother and my 63 are. I enjoyed his race last month in Oct as I have alot of fun and enjoy it alot since I dont get to the track that much. They are all a nice bunch of people. The race last month was at an all Mopar day but he still had about 30 cars show and that was all Mopars. Last year at Cecil it was all brands which it usually is he just happen to have his race at the MIR Mopar day this year. I heard he has it booked for next year also as MIR was trying to have a Hemi NSS shootout race at its Mopar show but not enough Hemi cars were there for it so when Dave talked to them about his race they were glad to have it and they dropped the Hemi race as they just ran in Dave's NSS race. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back