• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Octane boost x plug heat range ?

I’m running a 511 6 pack alum heads roller motor in my Bee. Dyno tuned with 100 octane it put out 650 HP. Using race gas octane boost on the street with 90-93 octane. I’m killing spark plugs. NGK BCPR5EY. I know it’s the octane booster but I’m trying to maintain the 100 point octane so that being said any thoughts on a different heat range plug? And if so cold or hot.
I read mixed reviews.
Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Usually aftermarket octane boosters are loaded with MANGANESE based compounds.
The world of aftermarket performance fuel additives and octane boosters, three ingredients are used predominantly: methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (MMT), toluene, and variants of trimethylbenzene.
When combusted, the manganese salts melt and coat the plug insulator and electrodes, inhibiting the flame front and incomplete combustion resulting in low output. Since you probably do not have catalytic converters, run a high octane unleaded or low lead ave gas. Just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON

I can fix ya right up....
100LLtank 025.jpg

Usually aftermarket octane boosters are loaded with MANGANESE based compounds.
The world of aftermarket performance fuel additives and octane boosters, three ingredients are used predominantly: methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl (MMT), toluene, and variants of trimethylbenzene.
When combusted, the manganese salts melt and coat the plug insulator and electrodes, inhibiting the flame front and incomplete combustion resulting in low output. Since you probably do not have catalytic converters, run a high octane unleaded or low lead ave gas. Just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON
Thanks Bob. No cats old school 10.5 big block with aluminum top end. We dyno tuned it on 100 octane av gas so I thought I should use the booster but I thinks it’s the issue. I’m going to run one heat range hotter plugs and bump the timing 1 or 2 degrees and see what gives. Thanks for the input

Auto Transport Service
Back