• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil pressure sending unit

SlinktRR

Local time
9:14 AM
Reaction score
I'm trying to install a sending unit on the passenger side of a B/RB block. It's supposed to be 1/4" npt but the carquest sending unit I bought is smaller than that, and it's too big for the 1/8" npt driver side port. I just want something that will work with the stock gauges. Anyone have a combo of like a 45 degree elbow adapter fitting and sending unit that I can just screw onto the passenger side oil port? Just looking for something that will work.

I'm trying to install a sending unit on the passenger side of a B/RB block. It's supposed to be 1/4" npt but the carquest sending unit I bought is smaller than that, and it's too big for the 1/8" npt driver side port. I just want something that will work with the stock gauges. Anyone have a combo of like a 45 degree elbow adapter fitting and sending unit that I can just screw onto the passenger side oil port? Just looking for something that will work.
You need to go back to the oarts store or local hardware store or home improvement store.

Since those are difficult to service, I moved the
sender and switch to the firewall via a hose
connection.
20211118_125513.jpg
20210302_190044.jpg

Thanks for posting those pictures 1stmp. I may go that direction to get a low pressure light and electric gauge. I rely on a good aftermarket mechanical on the driver side port but now looking to get the rallye dash gauge working.

Auto Transport Service
Back