• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK, Does ANYONE really know?

This is a 1966, so what is the point?

no, it's not a 66....it's a 67 car....that wheel never made it to the Chargers

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I was BS'd on the Green 67 Charger I found. Does anyone have an actual photo from a brochure of the option woodgrain wheel on the 1967 Charger?

it's the same as the 66 woodgrain wheels...but a few recall wheels made it out before they found out about them

Without pointing any fingers, I have gotten a snow job on the wheel on my car. It is most definitely a 1966 wheel that was not issued on 1967 cars, although it fits perfectly and looks great. I located a 1967 Charger built May 1970 that has the recall wheel on it. The owner bought the car from the original owner in 1970 with that wheel on it. It is coded 573 on his build sheet. I think that says it all for me.

Why do you keep saying this and why is no one else asking the question? Am I missing something?

good point...obviously he got snowed...can't buy a 67 that was built 3 years later

All I am trying to do is determine the reality of this wheel, and separate fact from fiction. I spoke with Chrysler Historical Services yesterday. They have no records showing any steering wheel recall for 1967. They are going to research it more and get back to me. Those folks that have one of these wheels are asking $1000 plus for it. I would not pay that if it were gold plated. I am perfectly happy woth what I have on the car now.

Although I too cannot understand someone finding a 67 built in 70, the internal memo doesn't really mean much to me. Unless things were structured much differently back then, internal memos do not really have much weight behind them. Internal memo from one person can very easily be overridden before anything actually happens on the line. I have seen parts pulled from shipment for suppliers by a team leaders from a memo, put back as good parts by production support(with another memo), then the department manager got involved and put back as bad and then eventually all the above we're overridden by quality control until corporate got involved and made the final call. I don't know how many internal memos went around in this scenario, but it know of at least 4 in less than 12 hours and normal production went on as normal the next day. Unless someone has proof of an alternative option or order code or mandate for replacement(not stop approval), I don't see why there would be any proof any other wheel was ever used. If another wheel was substituted, I would have to see specifics of which one it was before I bothered to worry about it. Of course, this is jmo.

Auto Transport Service
Back