• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OLD SCHOOL PHOTO's

Wow that is amazing. Keep those pics coming. All these pics bring back great memories. :happy7:

My 66 Dart that I put a 340 in. This is 1979 I believe. Ron

125204052.jpg

Last one after I rolled it about 6 times. Ron

125204095.jpg

I remember this car...

It was a feature car once. Can't remember the mag though.
I cut it out of a magazine and hung it on my wall back in the day.

I dig the tuck and roll...

Who's was it? where is it now?

I spent most of my summer in 1969 crewing for a friend who campained a 1969 street hemi Super Bee in SS/E class. Wally Booth landed a local Dodge dealer sponsership and the Super Bee was built from a brand new car in his garage in Lincoln Park. It was easy to find.... Parked in the street was my A12 runner, another crew members 68 Hemi Runner, my brothers 68 Charger R/T and the 69 Monaco wagon tow car and drag star trailer.

Wally And Dick Arons had started Diamond engines in Detroit, (still doing business), and Dicky campained two SS Cameros... One driven by him and the other by Gordy Foust. We traveled together to NHRA national events at Indy Raceway Park and York US30 Dragway that summer as well as many weekends at Detroit Dragway and Mylan Dragway Michigan. What a great time that was...!!!

Here are a few pictures I shot that summer.

If anyone else has information on the Super Bee, I would love to hear it. I bought the car a few years back and am looking to restore it back to how it looked in 69

Car only has 5 miles on the odometer

I spent most of my summer in 1969 crewing for a friend who campained a 1969 street hemi Super Bee in SS/E class. Wally Booth landed a local Dodge dealer sponsership and the Super Bee was built from a brand new car in his garage in Lincoln Park. It was easy to find.... Parked in the street was my A12 runner, another crew members 68 Hemi Runner, my brothers 68 Charger R/T and the 69 Monaco wagon tow car and drag star trailer.

Wally And Dick Arons had started Diamond engines in Detroit, (still doing business), and Dicky campained two SS Cameros... One driven by him and the other by Gordy Foust. We traveled together to NHRA national events at Indy Raceway Park and York US30 Dragway that summer as well as many weekends at Detroit Dragway and Mylan Dragway Michigan. What a great time that was...!!!

Here are a few pictures I shot that summer.

If anyone else has information on the Super Bee, I would love to hear it. I bought the car a few years back and am looking to restore it back to how it looked in 69

Me and my '68 at Ft Bragg about Oct 69
steves68charger.gif

steves68chargerjan1970ftbragg.gif

'71 Duster 340 4 speed and 1st wife May 1, 1971. Both gone in 4 years.
MyALLorange71Duster3404sp.gif

Awww hate to hear about losing the car...:hello2: but she had "SELL" in her eyes. BTW you were in Ft.Bragg same time a my uncle. Were you Special Forces or a jumper? (of course SF did jump too):headbang:

I remember this car...

It was a feature car once. Can't remember the mag though.
I cut it out of a magazine and hung it on my wall back in the day.

I dig the tuck and roll...

Who's was it? where is it now?

The magazine was "Street Machine" as I remember ; this car was on the cover i believe. Pretty sure I still have a copy...

Hate to sound like a broken record, but check in over at Colesy's junior stock forum. Those guys seem to know everything about these old race cars and have, as I remember, specific threads dedicated to each of the drivers you mentioned. Bound to be some info on your car over there as well as folks who know and are glad to help.

My 69 SuperBee when I brought it home in 1988

2007-07-21-1525-12-1.jpg

And then in Germany 1990

2007-07-21-1526-05-2.jpg

Ive got to be somewhere in a little while,but I guess il be late.I cant stop lookin at these threads.Please posts some Chevys or Fords so I can stop.Just jokin on the last sentence,keep them coming.

Auto Transport Service
Back