• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old timer gets his 426, needs some help from Mopar experts.

Welcome,cars great.
As was stated above in a post whenyou stop
for awhile,open the hood & let some heat out.
That will definitely help with hot start problem.

Welcome to FBBO from Georgia.

426 wedge. Enjoy!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is a great message board, thanks to all who take the time to offer advice and share their knowledge. Before I found this this site I tried to decipher my broadcast card. I know it is very difficult since different assembly plants used different codes. The code which seemed to baffle everyone was the code 832 in the engine rectangle. I was told at another site that there was no such code and the card was marked incorrectly or the card was a fake. Seems to me if I was going to make a fake card I would get all the information correct:bananadance:. Does anyone have any insight on this 832 code? The VIN number of the car is on the service guide in the picture above the broadcast card.

This is a great message board, thanks to all who take the time to offer advice and share their knowledge. Before I found this this site I tried to decipher my broadcast card. I know it is very difficult since different assembly plants used different codes. The code which seemed to baffle everyone was the code 832 in the engine rectangle. I was told at another site that there was no such code and the card was marked incorrectly or the card was a fake. Seems to me if I was going to make a fake card I would get all the information correct:bananadance:. Does anyone have any insight on this 832 code? The VIN number of the car is on the service guide in the picture above the broadcast card.

Your car was manufactured at the Hamtramck plant which all Max Wedge and Hemi were in 1964. When referencing sales codes use this plant for proper locations on your fender tag.

The engine sales codes for 1964 are 502 through 513. Max Performance (Max Wedge) sales codes are 508 for the 426 ci 415 hp 11.1:1 and 509 for the 426 ci 425 hp 12.5:1

Under the QR in the row of alphabetic letters on your fender tag there should be a 08 or 09.

If there isn't a number under the QR then it came with the standard engine.

I'm not sure what the 832 is on the broadcast card. Might be a "in house code"?

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, who said you can't learn new stuff when you get old! I'm sure it had a standard engine.......I did have an 8 under the T ........came close!

Auto Transport Service
Back