• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omaha Beach, June 6, 1944

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
The Greatest Generation for sure!

They fought and died for a once great nation to which today's complete mess bears virtually no resemblance.

This is worth 6 minutes of your time to watch to the end.

Thanks RC. That was very moving. Been to Omaha Beach 2 times. It makes a person very humble.

Moving tribute...

crazy war, crazy plan, killed 10's of thousands of good & young men

gotta love Sam Elliot & Joe Montagna
both Patriots & staunch gun rights NRA people too

Thanks RC. That was very moving. Been to Omaha Beach 2 times. It makes a person very humble.
I’d love to go! I bet it does Humble! No words can describe I bet!

My uncle Merele and uncle Gene were both there that day. They both made it home. The only way I know this is it was disclosed at their funerals. Thanks RC, that is the greatest generation this country will ever know.

Thanks for posting.:thumbsup: I visited Omaha Beach 2 years ago and it was incredibly humbling. Definitely the greatest generation ever.

Thank you to all who stepped up and made the world a better place.

Wow!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Thank you for that. Very moving. One day I’d like to go on that tour. Dad was on one of those Higgins boats at Omaha.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting that video. We were in Normandy a couple of years ago and it was an experience like no other.

12AFF63B-6057-4C6B-862D-2916623BE400.jpeg

697D1028-F97F-4D11-B05B-732684A8C904.jpeg

"They fought and died for a once great nation to which today's complete mess bears virtually no resemblance." It's been a long time since I've heard a regular schlep make such a profound statement. And, sad and unfortunately... true.

My Dad (army) was supposed to be deployed, so he married my mom in March 1944. Fortunately, he didn't go over until later in 44, when the allied front advanced, and he saw action in Austria.

Auto Transport Service
Back