• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One way for people to walk past your 66 Satellite at a car show....

Garceau

Local time
10:02 AM
Reaction score
I don't go to car shows often. But I grew up at them since my old man built and sold street rods. So we were always at one.

On a whim I tool my 66 Satellite a local one. My car isn't anything special by any means. But from a distance it looks ok.

Until an all original 66 Hemi Satellite is 1 car away, he was the original owner, had all his original paperwork and everything. Even bought it from the local Plymouth dealership.

Not gonna lie it was pretty freaking cool.

Here's a pic off the net

Screenshot_20220710-193351_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it would be better with pics. Any other details to share?

That's awesome! Not every day you see an original owner Hemi car! I have a 66 Plymouth that people would walk right by too!

20210522_091440.jpg

20210522_091450.jpg

20210522_091504.jpg

20210522_091425.jpg

Last edited:
I own a 1966 Hemi Satellite,
And to be honest. Until I pop the hood it hardly gets any notice at all.

it doesnt have big gaudy decals or emblems telling the world whats in there . just a small emblem on the very lower section of the front fender .

One of these days, I want to put the stock hubcaps and some white wall tires on it.( like shown ) Then just just sit back and listen the the crowd

The-View.jpg

Satellite1.jpg

For me the cars are all about performance. I always get a kick out of how people ignore the 66-67 cars even the 440 and Hemi cars. They would kick butt and not bother to take names back in the day and now even the majority of Mopar guys still walk by them at a car show. Little do they know....

Yes, it would be better with pics. Any other details to share?

Fella was an older gentleman from the LaCrosse area in Wisconsin. He had all his order sheets etc.

4 speed car.

Looked original paint and other then the wheels it was as it came from the factory. Just older.

His satellite had more chrome trim then I've ever seen on a 66. So that may have been added. Honestly when I first saw it with that much chrome I thought it was a C body of some sort.

I can only hope a few more walk by. Just maybe this electric craze will take hold so that I can someday afford another 66.

I'm to the point of not taking mine to shows much anymore except for the two Mopar shows in SE WI I like to make each year. Most Mopar people get my car. Some non-Mopar car people get it. Almost no non-car people understand it. And that's all fine, but I have no patience anymore for the ones who think it's a pile and can't help asking me why aren't I restoring it?

Image-1.jpg
20170707_203006.jpg

That comment is wide open for remarks!! In jest!
Are you disappointed that people don’t see Hemi anywhere? If so.
Solutions!
Put a big Hemi decal in the back window.
Buy big magnetic decals saying Hemi for the doors or quarters, he he.
Cora took off the Hemi emblems on the ” Ghost” so she could have fun.
Had a very nice conversation with her many years ago.

I'm to the point of not taking mine to shows much anymore except for the two Mopar shows in SE WI I like to make each year. Most Mopar people get my car. Some non-Mopar car people get it. Almost no non-car people understand it. And that's all fine, but I have no patience anymore for the ones who think it's a pile and can't help asking me why aren't I restoring it?

View attachment 1311223View attachment 1311226
Because it is an aged beauty doesn’t mean it should get disrespect. My girlfriend, first and only wife still puts up with me after over 50 years. And sure I don’t look the same as back then.

I own a 1966 Hemi Satellite,
And to be honest. Until I pop the hood it hardly gets any notice at all.

it doesnt have big gaudy decals or emblems telling the world whats in there . just a small emblem on the very lower section of the front fender .

One of these days, I want to put the stock hubcaps and some white wall tires on it.( like shown ) Then just just sit back and listen the the crowd

View attachment 1311189

View attachment 1311192
If I came across it, it'd sure get a hell of a lot of attention I assure you.... :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back