• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions on Scattershield

1969 beep beep

Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone used a Lakewood 15335 or Quick Time RM 6078 in a 69 B Body? Any issues with the pivot position or other related installation problems? I know the 15335 will accept a 143 tooth flywheel and the Quick Time will only accept a 130 tooth.

I Have one in a '69 RR ... the arm closest to the bell on the z-bar has to be moved away from the bell and the tube has to be shortened. Don't ask how much, I don't remember.

I had a couple of friends use the Lakewood in '68 b-bodies. in my opinion they're junk.

Well that's "your" opinion ... with nothing to back it up !!!

clutch linkage doesn't line up, junk!

Its an aftermarket part ... you expect it to just bolt on and work ?!?!? I pretty much explained the linkage issue in my first post - an issue which is easily resolved !!

........... the arm closest to the bell on the z-bar has to be moved away from the bell and the tube has to be shortened............

Alignment was never an issue in my Abody for my LW 3 piece. With the 143 tooth fly, the starter gets real close to the lower leg of the bell crank. Never needed to mod it though.

What about using a juice setup?

I got tired of the bellcrank, linkage, and header clearance issues and switched to an American Powertrain hydraulic throw-out bearing set-up. Single line and works great. Lakewood housing and Centerforce Dual Friction clutch.

Put a Lakewood in my 65 Dodge had to use offset dowel pins. Bought a BB bellcrank didn't fit, to long. Took a bellcrank cut in half and shorten it put arms so they in proper position welded it back together. Had to move one rod pin lower, ground weld off and punched it out. Drilled a new hole welded pin.
If budget allows hydraulic throw-out bearing is the ticket as Colorado Dave said.

Auto Transport Service
Back