• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Orange engine paint

Crider

Local time
6:55 PM
Reaction score
anyone have the correct paint code or even better a PPG number for the correct orange on a 69 big block?

Frank badalson does!
Buy it from him, if you want it to look correct.

Mopar Paint P4349216

Was looking for a ppg paint code. That way I can mix it myself

I don't think PPG has engine paint codes, just the car paint codes - PPG 2186, V2 paint Dodge Hemi Orange or Plymouth Tor Red Paint . Here is Tor Red V2 on my Duster.

647899-04d427bfa3ffbe3d359fd73636cd0391.jpg

Last edited:
Frank badalson has the code and has it mixed in PPG acrylic enamel.
He's not going to give out the code, but will sell you the correct color PPG for a small premium over what PPG acrylic enamel sells for.

I know of hirsch and so on. But hate to buy and pay shipping if I could just walk to the mixing system and mix my own.

I see "computer matched paint" advertised everywhere. Don't those "computers" work with our Mopar colors? Don't you just scan the color and it spits out how to mix the paint? I don't know, just thought I would ask.

The paint for is the same as EV2 or Hemi Orange as used on the exterior body less the metal flake. The Ditzler code is 2186 and the Chrysler code is AY2EV2. You can very much mix or have a paint store make it up for you. You may very well have to tweak it slightly to get the desired hue. If you visit the E-Body.org site, Cuda Cody has some detailed information on the subject matter.

The computer matching thing isn’t particularly accurate and doesn’t work at all unless you have a nice clean sample. I guess I’ll just start with the formula for the exterior color and see what I can come up with

Just regular ole Hemi Orange Duplicolor DE1652 out of the spray cans for me & then Hi temp DE1636 clear coated after that.

20160414_201144.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back